Chapter 10

Eliana's POV

A few days had passed and it was the day of the ball.

My week consisted of etiquette, dance and even political lessons.

Thankfully though, Alexander was too busy to be my partner again so I practiced with someone else.

I was sitting in my room, in front of the mirror as a stylist was styling my hair.

She straightened it and then curled it at the bottom then moved on to my make-up.

She began with foundation applying it all over my face then adding light red blush to my cheeks.

She applied eyeliner straight above my eye lid winging it at the edge then applied mascara to my lashes.

She then proceeded with putting red eye-shadow on my eye lids and light red lip gloss on my lips.

"Okay, your highness, time to put on you dress," she said.

I got up and moved behind her to my closet.

She opened it and browsed through the dresses before selecting one and taking it out, handing it to me.

She helped me get into the dress then moved me in front of the mirror as she zipped up the dress from the back.

It was a deep crimson dress with golden embroidery. It had a low neckline with no sleeves and stretched out around me.

"And the final touch," she announced placing a crown on my head.

"Thank you," I said to her staring at my self in astonishment.

Not trying to sound narcissistic or anything but I looked really good.

Like a princess.

A knock sounded at my door and the stylist went and opened the door. Behind the door stood a man in the guards' uniform.

"I'm here to escort her highness," he announced.

I walked over to him then he started walking with me trailing behind him slower than usual due to my dress.

After a few turns we reached a big door.

"Prince Alexander and Princess Melissa will arrive shortly. Please have a seat," he said pointing at the seat.

I walked over to it and sat down. I started twiddling with my thumbs not knowing what to do.

I waited for a few minutes when I heard footsteps from the hall before Alexander appeared.

I got up and smiled at him giving him a small curtesy. He just stares at me while I stayed silent.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked breaking the silence.

That got his attention and he smiled at me replying, "Not at all. You look beautiful. I knew red would look great on you."

"You what?" I questioned.

"Well I did pick the dress for you," he explained.

"You did?" I asked surprised.

"Yes I did and you look lovely in it," he complimented again and I felt my cheeks burn probably turning the same shade as my dress.

"Thank you," I muttered shyly before someone spoke up, "I love the dress you picked for me Xandy! You sure know my style," said Melissa walking over to us as her dressed swooshed around her.

She wore a light beige dress with panels at the bottom with a low v-shaped neckline.

She came and stood beside me then turned towards Alexander and curtsied. She then lifted herself up and smiled at him and spoke, "Thank you, your highness," saying 'your highness' teasingly.