Chapter Fifty-Nine: Don't Be Sexist!

Start from the beginning

"I don't see the point of me running in this," I said as I ran on the treading mill. "I'm already a good runner."

"Yeah, but we need this for the video montage," Jordan said as he finally set up the video camera in front of the treadmill. "And why is the level at five?"

"I never ran on a treadmill before, I want to get used to it first."

"That's not how you do it, here let me show you."

I hopped off the treadmill, happy to stretch my legs, and took a water break. Then Jordan stepped to the treadmill and began to jog do it.

"Hey Declan, could you help me out and raise the level for me?"

Declan smiled at his friend, way too big. "Of course."

Bennett shooked his head and told me, "I don't like the looks of this."

"Me neither," I muttered.

And we were right. Declan did what Jordan asked and began to raise the level of the treadmill and kept it kept on rising.

"Dude, you can stop now."

"Nah, I think you can handle it."

"This is the speed of light."

"Really? I can't tell."

"Are you trying to kill me?"

"Maybe."

Jordan missed a step and just flew off the treadmill. Bennett and I took a step to the side, barely having Jordan missed us and crashed on the floor.

I poked Jordan's cheek. "Are you okay?"

He groaned. "Yeah, but my dignity isn't."

Declan snorted. "That's been long gone."

Following the jogging was jumping rope (which was fun since we sang jump rope songs along with it) and some sit ups. What came up next were funny short clips as the guys taught me how to do the things Jordan mentioned. Time to time it would cut to the Old Time Rock and Roll dance scene or our own random dance scene. There was one point where Jordan tried to have me drink raw eggs. I refused so Jordan showed me it's alright by drinking it himself only to spit it out on the sink. Bennett made him clean up afterwards. Another clip was of me punching a punching bag or me lifting weights with Declan spotting me. I remembered that one too.

"I'm going to teach you how to punch," Declan told me.

"I know how to punch."

"I'm going to teach you how to punch better." He corrected himself before holding his hand out to me. "But first, show me what you got."

"What you really, really got," I finished, singing the parody of Spice Girl's Wannabe.

He rolled his eyes, but was smiling. "Hit me right here," he said, pointing at his hand.

"Hit me with your best shot!" I sang the song by Pat Benatar. "Hit me with your best-" I stopped when he gave me the look. "What? You walked into that one."

"C'mon, just hit me already."

I breathed in then out and changed my hand into a fist. I put all of my focus, energy, chi, chakra into my fist to punch the best as I can. I held my arm back then hit his hand as hard as I can. I used all of the power I could muster into that one punch. Declan took the punch into his hand, then looked at me.