Mothers day

Time: May/Spring
Summary:
For 11 year old Silver, Mother's Day had never been relevant. Now, however, his mind changes completely. Now all he had to do was find a present for his mother.

=========================

"Have a nice weekend, dear students.", The teacher finished the lesson.

In a split second, the sound of zippers of the backpacks, the rattling of the chairs, which are hastily raised and the quick opening of the door were heard.

Half of the students had already left the classroom, beaming with joy and didn't even notice what their teacher was adding.

"And remember: Sunday is Mother's Day."

When nobody said anything, the young vixen turned around in amazement. Only to find out that everyone but Silver, Tails, and Blaze had already left the room.

The teacher shook her head disapprovingly and turned to the class register. She noted something in it before closing it and addressing the three remaining students.

"Which of you is so kind and quickly wipes the board?", She asked, brushing a brown streak out of her face.

Silver, Blaze, and Tails looked at each other, before the hedgehog spoke up. "I'll do that," he said friendly and ran to the board to wipe away the math problems.

As he wet the sponge in the sink, he suddenly felt a light tap on his shoulder. As he turned around, he looked into the amber-colored eyes of Blaze, who gave him a warm smile.

"Thank you for taking over, Silv. Have a nice weekend and...Silver?"

"Y-yes?" The gray hedgehog stuttered in surprise. He now turned to look at the lavender-colored cat.

"This is your first Mother's Day, isn't it?" She asked carefully and immediately regretted having asked that at all.

Silver looked at the floor. He still held the table sponge in his hands. Now Blaze felt like, she had said the wrong thing. But the gray hedgehog looked up and let a smile appear on his face.

"Yep!" He laughed. "I'm looking forward to it too. But I don't know what to get my mom." Thinking, he looked back at the floor, then back at the cat.

"Do you have a suggestion?" He wanted to know. Grateful for any help he could get.

Blaze stared at the boy in front of him, puzzled. Had he just asked her for help?

Relieved that he didn't seem angry with her, she smiled and put a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't have a suggestion, but I have some advice: It just has to come from your heart." With that, the cat turned and ran to the door. "See you on monday, Silv!" she said and was gone the next moment.

Silver looked after her in disbelief, but considered her words. //From the heart?// he thought, at first not quite sure what the girl had meant. He shrugged and then began wiping the board.

After that was done, he put the sponge down, ran to his backpack, and put it on. Finally he said goodbye to his teacher and left the classroom with his friend, Tails.

On the way to the main entrance, Silver thought back to the words Blaze had said earlier. The gift should come from his heart? He thought he was beginning to understand.

"Hey Tails?" He asked the young fox who was walking next to him. The latter looked up at him curiously.

"Yes Silv?"

The hedgehog scratched the back of his head, embarrassed. How should he best explain this to his friend now?

"So..." Silver linked his gaze with that of the fox. "Because of Mother's Day..." he muttered and looked away as quickly as he had looked at his friend.