Midnight Talks (Universes)

Request: -

Character(s): Silver, Canon Silver

Ship(s): -

Summary:
On one normal nightly patrol to watch over the city, C!Silver and his dimensional counterpart have a talk about the past.

C!Silver: In-game Silver
Silver: my AU Silver

===========================

„It's a beautiful night, isn't it?"

With a jolt Silver looked up from where he'd been reading a text on his phone. Shadow spammed him with texts the past ten minutes, feeling pretty restless with his self-announced-brother being gone out on a patrol with his dimensional counterpart.

Silver couldn't say he minded the others overprotectiveness, came it quite handy at times and it did save him many many times before.

He couldn't exactly blame the dark hedgehog for being such a mother hen, was the thought of him being out in the streets not actually a pleasant one, though the attacks barely happened at night, so it was quite uncanny the two psychics were needed.

And as such the smaller gray hedgehog spent most of the patrol, assurring Shadow that he was alright.

Letting his gaze drift about the nightsky, Silver gave his counterpart a warm smile, although the taller psychic was unable to see it due to keeping his gaze firmly at the sky, as if he was scared the dark blue colors would fade to red once he tore his eyes off for even a second.

A deep sigh followed just seconds after and a gloved hand reached out to the sky, the time traveller slowly closing it to a fist as if to trap the stars in his hand.

Silver pulled his prior dangling legs up to his chest, gazing past C!Silvers stretched out hand to admire the starry sky as well.

„The stars do shine very brightly tonight." He mused, holding his phone in a tight grip and deciding to ignore the constant buzzing of several texts being sent by a anxious Shadow.

When he received no reply, Silver looked beside him where his counterpart gazed at the sky with sparkling eyes, completely in awe.

„Say..." he began, fiddling with the fabric of his protection suit. „I thought you have a blue sky in your future too? Why are you still so in awe when visiting the past?"

Beside him someone shifted and Silver noticed the others hand sinking, to rest on his stomach instead.

„It does but..." A sigh followed. „You see...the past is still.... It's...different, you know?" C!Silver tried to explain and failed miserably as Silver shook his head in misunderstanding, chuckling softly.

„Not really. That's why I was asking in the first place, silly." Came the amused reply with the smaller psychic scooting over to lie beside his counterpart, who only gave a hum in reply.

Deciding not to push the other further, Silver fixed his gaze on the sky as well, copying the others actions.

It was silent the next few minutes, the two boys not able to find a interesting topic to talk about. Not that any of them actually minded that. It felt nice lying on the roof of some building, eyes closed - or staring up ahead - while letting the cool breeze brush through their quills.

And every night, I lie awake...

Quietly humming his favorite song to himself, Silver put his arms behind his head, not noticing how the others gaze drifted towards him, the taller psychic eyeing his counterpart curiously.