Big Plans [Universes]

Characters:
- Knuxy
- Sony
- Sonic
- Tails

Summary:

Having his best friend living in the other world didn't sound too bad.

Extra info:

Knuxy = My AU Knuckles
Sony = My AU Sonic
Sonic = Canon Sonic from the games
Tails = Canon Tails from the games

This oneshot sets about three years after my fanfiction "Universes", and the characters are all about 2-3 years older than they are in fanfiction.

===============================

Having his best friend in the other world with him didn't sound too bad.

When this topic was first picked up, he and Sony were sitting on a bench in the schoolyard and waited for the others to finally arrive.

Knuxy did this often. Since he graduated from school, he lived in the other world with Knuckles on Angel Island. And as much as he liked the leisurely and quiet life on the floating island, sometimes he simply longed for his home dimension.

The other world, which had now become his second home, also had a Sonic, a Silver and other counterparts of his friends, but they weren't *his* friends, whom he had known and loved for years.

Sometimes he just felt homesick for his dimension. The one he grew up in, the one his family and friends lived in.

So he often went to visit, because traveling between the two worlds couldn't be any easier. All he had to do was press a button on his hi-tech smartwatch - which Tails had built for him - a portal opened up through which he could jump and within a few seconds he landed in his home dimension.

He never stayed long - two weeks at most, because he soon began to miss Knuckles - but tried his best to spend as much time as possible with his friends.

That included waiting for them in front of school - something he did that day - and then spending time with his friends. Their time together had been decreased ever since he moved dimensions, so every second spent together was precious.

Sony had been the first to leave school that day and immediately joined his friend on the bench. The blue hedgehog stared at the gate and didn't even seem to notice Knuxy's presence.

It was only after Sony turned his head and instead looked at his feet that Knuxy realized that the younger wasn't frozen in place as he previously thought.

There was still an awkward silence in which Knuxy didn't know how to react and Sony just stared at the floor in silence, only twitching his left ear from time to time.

Only when the older boy was getting used to the silence did Sony finally raise his voice, which sounded unusually dry.

"Hey Knux? How's life in the other world?"

A second later Knuxy turned his head in the hedgehog's direction, but he was silent. That was a question he didn't expect and if he was being honest, he didn't even have a actual answer to it.

Well...how was life on Angel Island even? Quiet, mostly. Sometimes even a little too quiet, then he would visit Amy or Sonic and keep them company...

But often it was just perfect. Up there he was free. He could do what he wanted, no one told him no. And above it all, he could just be himself there.

That was a luxury that Knuxy hadn't felt for the longest time. Not here, in Emerald Town. He always had the feeling, that he had to hide his real self and that was something that had made him self-concious.