Chapter 6

The middle of the second school year

I was in the process of giving myself a different look, as me and the twins once again had a prank in mind that needed to be done urgently. I turned my hair a shade of caramel brown and made sure my skin was darker than usual. So Fred, George and I made our way to the office of the ever popular janitor Argus Filch.

George was standing just outside the office so we could leave in time if necessary, and Fred and I hid Dungbombs inside.

I opened a drawer of the desk and was about to put a Dungbomb in it when I accidentally touched a piece of parchment with my wand.

Suddenly, a few letters were briefly visible on it. "Marauder's Map" was written on it. I decided to pocket the map and show it to Fred and George later. Maybe it was something we could use later. In any case, it couldn't do any harm.

After that I put the joke article in the drawer and signaled Fred to get out of the room with me so we could find a suitable hiding place together.

We ran out of the room and I tapped George briefly on the shoulder as we passed and made him understand to run behind the large statue in the middle of the hallway.

No sooner did the Chaos Twins and I disappear behind the statue than Filch's scurrying footsteps were heard on the floor.

"Fred, George, I think this guy smells it when someone is just thinking about a prank."

At that, the two had to stifle their laughter so we wouldn't be discovered.

All of a sudden, a huge bang came from the room where Filch had just disappeared and the air started to thicken a bit.

Cursing, the janitor came running out of the room and started yelling.

"FRED! GEORGE! ANNA! COME OUT OF HIDING I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT YOU WERE THE ONES WITH THE DUNGBOMBS! OR WAS IT YOU PEEVES?!"

However, we didn't think for a second about coming out of our hiding spot, so we quietly made a run for it.

When I arrived in an empty classroom with Fred and George, I couldn't help laughing.

"Did you see his face?"

The boys joined in the laughter and answered in sync.

"Yes of course, how could we miss it."

"Now Filch will spend another week looking for evidence so he can accuse us too. He'd probably love to hang us from our shackles in his office."

I laughed about it with the twins for a while longer and we talked about all kinds of things. When we realized it was getting late, we headed to our common room.