The Beginning

"Gei?"

        I opened my eyes slowly and look at my side. Victor was smiling down at me. "Hi," He said.

        "Hey. I've been asleep for long?"

        "Yes. Two weeks to be exact."

        What's with me and this long sleep thing?

        "Hmm... okay." I smiled and Victor held my hand and sat on my bed. "Where am I?"

        "You're in a hospital here in Rome. The war was done a week ago; it lasted for five days until Ricolino killed himself."

        "What? He killed himself?" I sighed. "Poor guy..."

        "We can't blame him for his actions. Maybe, that would happen if you are flowed by emotions."

        "He loved Mom and his father was killed, he truly loved his father. His mother killed herself because of what happened to his father. His brother and cousin were put into exile after his mother died. I don't know how he managed to stay alive all these years."

        "I couldn't blame him."

        "I don't want to blame him but what about the massacre he brought in Italy?"

         "That I blame him. It was insanity. It was not the answer to his dilemmas. If he was looking for a way to get revenge on our family, is it our fault that his father was a traitor if his mother was a convicted forger?"

        He was stunned by what I said. He didn't know that Ricolino's dad gave information to rebels about Italian weaknesses. His mother was a forger from France. Ricolino's grandfather was a noble, a cousin of the Sicilian King, my grandfather.

        I turned to Victor and he sat on the side of the bed. He leaned closer until our noses touch.

        "It was not our fault on any of those." He kissed my lips and smiled right after. "If you do remember me, when is our anniversary date when you became my girlfriend?"

        "June fourteenth. You were rather nervous than ecstatic when I told you 'I love you, too.' Your expression was a lottery prize winner."

        He chuckled but he stopped. "But when did I first kiss you?"

        "You never kissed me. My first kiss was at our wedding."

        He kissed me again and I was dragged back to my bed as he kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he was already on top of me. I was surprised when I didn't feel any pain as we kiss. I felt no satisfaction when Victor stopped.

        "We couldn't make out here on your hospital bed."

        I grinned and wriggled beneath him. "The huge bed feels awfully big and cold."

        He smiled widely and he jumped up to lock the hospital door and he returned to his place above me. He kissed my jaw, my cheeks, my nose then those kisses went to my neck. I tilted my head to give way on his kisses. Those kisses traveled down to my chest and to my shoulders.

        I felt hot and bothered but this pleasure was something I want. That hot and bothered feeling went away when his kisses were mixed with touches.

        I want Victor. I want him and now.

        "You sure about this?"

        "What base are we in?" I tease.