Chapter Four

We already arrived in the palace and my mom woke me up to inform me we're here. I scratched my eyes and I stepped out of the car. Then I surprised myself to where I am looking at right now. I've seen this place before. I've seen this on the photo that I took from my parents.

I was busy looking around the complex area of the place and I was in awe. I was here before! I don't know when but my senses shout that I was here before. After some moments of unloading the cars, a pool of staff greeted us, and a fine old woman approached my Mom and Dad. She curtsied to my parents and even curtsied to me. I was surprised with the formalities and I'm not sure if it was acceptable to be given those formalities when we aren't even royalty ourselves.

"Welcome back to Amalienborg Palace!" Welcome back? "I'm sure you had a tiring journey ahead. We would be escorting you to your rooms, so you can further rest. The Queen and the Queen Mother will be meeting you later today together with the Crown Prince.

We were escorted to our rooms and I was three bedrooms away from my parents. Mine looks like a room of a princess. I don't know if I deserve to be here. But I cannot question it because I'm suffering from amnesia. I don't really know who I was.

I looked around and everything was toned with the color of old rose and white. This was too much for a simple girl like me. I walked around and I decided to open one of the wardrobes in here. It was surprisingly filled with dresses and the clothes I never imagined that I will wear. I immediately closed it. I walked to the bed and I lay down staring at the ceiling. Right now, I could have done a dissecting of a cat. Maybe I would've been performing a Biochemistry experiment, but I'm here in Copenhagen with full hopes of answering the questions in my mind. The vague memories I had.

For a while, I closed my eyes and I felt the boredom itching. I stood up and walked out of the room. I don't know if this is allowed but I walked around the palace seeing staff greeting me and I greet them back. I was about to step out the huge majestic double doors when I saw Victor climbing up the stairs.

I stopped and stared at him. What the hell? He looked up and saw me. His eyes widen and he also stopped in his tracks. What is he doing here?

I blinked hard. He spoke first. "I was about to fetch you, Geiyianne. Where are you going?"

"I was bored. Strolled around this floor."

"The staff allowed you?"

I shrugged. "Nobody stopped me. They kept on greeting me. What are you doing here?"

"You'll find out soon. Before that, we need to go to the other palace to meet my grandmother. They want us there. I have no idea what it is about, we just have to comply."

I nodded. We went to the palace to the right of where the palace I'm staying in is. I noticed that the staff kept on bowing to him and I felt like they were bowing to me, too. Even curtsying. We went upstairs and stopped in front another majestic double door. The interiors of this place were contrasting to the vintage theme of the palace where I am staying in.

Victor straightened his back. Two guards were waiting outside the room and they were holding the knobs, ready to open it for us.

"I don't know what they are talking about inside, but we should go. It seemed that they badly need us."

I breathed in and looked at the clothes I'm wearing. It was so informal, did not fit where I was and here is Victor, waiting for the guards to open the doors, wearing a crisp powder blue shirt and gray pant suit, his hair fixed neatly in place, no baby hair sticking out. He also smells divine. However, there is me, wearing a Pusheen t-shirt and jeans with white tennis shoes, I never felt so out of place in my entire life.