f o u r : The Pain Of Tomorrow

the moment he recognized their hitai-ate, he knew there’s something interesting that is bound to happen.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

The Akatsuki watched calmly as two large rocks opened itself when Itachi Uchiha presented himself to them. The rocks shook as they went to the side to give him a path to exit on, revealing the depressing greyish hue of the sky.

“He looks like someone marching out for a war.” Naruto commented offhandedly.

“Maybe he’s just disturbed that he’ll be killing children?.” Hidan supplied, few turned to look at him only to realize he had regrown his body completely.

“I don’t see the big deal? It’s hardly his first kill.” Naruto muttered, before rethinking his words. “Why do I keep rhyming?.”

“‘Cause you’re a bitch.” Hidan teased as he swing his arms over Naruto’s shoulders.

“Asshole.” Naruto retorted.

“Now, that’s been dealt with –” Pein said as he focus his attention solely on Naruto. “I believe we still have matters left to discuss. Come along now, Naruto.” Naruto kept muttering under his breath, repeating every Pein’s words in a mocking tone.

His childish actions rewarded him a painful hit on the back of his head by rock from the very man he’s mocking.

“Hope you won’t get back alive! No one will miss you here!.” Hidan shouted after him before running towards Kakuzu – probably to annoy him.

Naruto just gave him the finger as he was called once again by Pein.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

While they were walking, Naruto had been reminded how uncomfortable it is to walk with Pein. It was too damn quiet for his liking. He could whistle or start humming Pein won’t really care, however, it’s just different when you do those act freely just because and not because to aid the awkwardness.

“He would be delighted to hear that you had succeed your mission, Naruto, that man have quite bounty above his head.” Pein said nonchalantly for the sake of conversing.

“Oh, yeah.” Naruto said uncertainly, not sure what to say or reply.

“Hm. Though, he won’t quiet like to hear that you are still affected being near your hometown.” Pein didn’t had to look behind to see the Kyuūbi showing off on Naruto.

“I was not affected!.” Naruto shrieked loudly, his voice rang throughout the long, endless corridor as it was loud enough to shook the dusty walls.

“You are already sixteen yet you throw tantrum as if you’re merely thirteen. Compose yourself or someone might see you whining like a child.” Pein said strongly, hissing the words with intensity that could make the mightiest men fold.

“You don’t want me acting like a fucking child? Then stop treating me like one!.” Naruto hissed back.

“How can you expect us to stop treating you like a impotent child if you are one?.” Rocks were already floating beside Pein, as Naruto had a dark, reddish bubble of chakra wrap around him, his eyes was turn into a shade of deep purple as well as his whiskers getting darker and more visible.

“Who’re you calling impotent –”

“What is with all this commotion?.” A voice deeper, and deadlier than Pein seem to whisper in their ears, making them snap out of any potential battle they might get theirselves into.