Chapter- 2 (RULES)

Chapter- 2 (RULES)

I reached my destination about 10 minutes before the designated time, the second deck felt quite deserted when compared to the cafeteria or the shops. Without any reason to wait I decided to enter the room.

"Enter."

An instantaneous response was heard the moment I knocked the door. I got into the room with a confident smile, near the wall opposite to the entrance sat Mashima-sensei on his seat facing the door.

"Hey there, Ichinose-san. Looks like we are struck in this together."

A girl with copper brown hair sat before Sensei, she was Chiaki Matsushita from my Class. We have talked occasionally as Shinohara-san is our common friend, even though she hangs out with us, she seems to have a more laid back personality. This was a great chance to talk to her alone.

"Haha seems so, this special test is another great chance to earn class points. Let us do our best!" I said with my eyes filled with determination.

"Yes, hopefully it is not as troublesome as the last one."

I sat beside her on the seat near a small table, a file with some papers in it rested on the table. As it was lying there unopened I assume we were not allowed to view the materials in it until all members were present.

According to the clock, there were 2 minutes left before the meeting started.

"So, do you have any idea who the other two seats belong to, Ichinose-san?" Matsushita whispered to me.

*Knock Knock*

"Enter." Mashima-sensei gave an instant reply.

A girl with long black hair entered the room with a stern look on her face, she was accompanied by another student of our class.

"There you have the answer, Matsushita-san."

"Take your seats. The two of you are late."

Actually there was a little time left for the meeting to start, but we were asked to be there five minutes prior to the given time. Horikita took the seat nearest to her, which left Ayanokouji the only seat beside me. Hopefully he does not feel uncomfortable since he is the only guy in our group.

"Horikita, Ayanokouji, Ichinose and Matsushita, from Class D. Without further ado, I will now explain the special test to you all."

All four of us sat there quietly, Mashima-sensei continued his explanation.

"In this special test, all the first-year students will be divided into twelve groups based on the signs of the Zodiac. Everyone will participate within their respective group. The purpose of this examination is to test your thinking."

I see, so that explains why Hirata had different timing than us. Test our thinking, huh? Sounds better than running around the island day and night. Sensei stopped for a breath and continued.

"Society needs three fundamental qualities in order to progress: action, thinking, and teamwork. Those with the necessary qualities will become wonderful adults. The previous exam on the uninhabited island focused heavily on testing your teamwork. However, we shall now test your thinking in four ways: your ability to thoroughly process information, which is an essential component of this test. Your ability to analyze your current situation and clarify the task at hand. The ability to solve the problem after you've clarified the process and identified the task. The ability to utilize your imagination, and the ability to create new values. Those are the qualities you'll need."

Okay, that explains why school wants to test our thinking. Apparently he was about to get to the part where the mechanism of the test was explained.