Chapter- 8 (Haywire)

After trotting for a distance we met the dense forest filled with nearly impassable foliage. As we closed the gap between us and the Waterfall, the surrounding grew cooler. Perhaps the falling water is scattering small water droplets around in the air.

Just as the waterfall came into our sights, the moon decided to show up. I was utterly dumbfounded on reaching the spot.

(Source:https://www

(Source:https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F858850591419335172%2F&psig=AOvVaw2F-OSKlS-8VocvNfytCGMK&ust=1607053530573000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCKDy3ojzsO0CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD)

The water sparkled and glistened once it was lit by the moonlight, it looked as if pearls emerged through the water as it flowed. One after another breathtaking view kept on startling me, apparently everyone was just as nonplussed as me since we stood there speechless for a minute.

"When you said you guys found a waterfall I did not guess it would look this aesthetic."

"Well, it did not look so cool in the scorching sun, believe me."

"You say there is a cave behind it?"

"Yes, we walk through the water to find it."

"Damn that sounds so cliché, but I never dreamed of doing it. Time to jump in."

With that Akito entered the cave, perhaps the water was not that cold after all. I did the same followed by Ayanokouji and Horikita.

Shortly after entering we revoked the rights to the waterfall as well. Once we were done we moved to the Treehouse, there was no rest for us here since the tree house itself would reset by 3:00 AM.

Ayanokouji was the one to guide us this time. Even with a flashlight in his hand I do not have any idea how he can tell the direction in a jungle where everything looks alike in the dark.

After an hour of walking in silence, Ayanokouji suddenly switched the flashlight off and crouched.

Some students with a torch in their hand moved towards the direction of the waterfall. The torch was made of a long stick with some burning material at the end, it hinted that there were people in the class who were adept to the wilderness.

In the dark the visibility had dropped to nearly zero, the moon was hidden again. Even if it was not, the dense canopy layer would not allow much light to reach the ground.

"I think this is a good chance we should take a look at the blue spot on this map."

"You are right."

Wait when did Ayanokouji reach Horikita?

"Very well, I will change our direction towards it. But I think that spot is occupied by Ryuuen, thus we need to maintain a low profile."