6. Hope's World

As soon as Taehyung's classes ended, he ran for the café. He reached the café just before 4:30 pm.

"Oh! My new employee is very punctual I see!" Hoseok exclaimed with a big smile.

"Hello hyung! Am I supposed to come here today? I kind of forgot the time," Taehyung said rubbing his nape.

"Yes, in fact you are just at the right time I told you!"

"Thank god!" Taehyung sighed in relief.

He quickly went to the stuff's locker room and changed his hoodie for the café apron and put his belongings in one of the lockers. He then went to another employee, Shownu, who was in charge of teaching him ways around the café.

The café was open so Shownu also had to do other things aside teaching him. Taehyung tried his best to help him as well as watching him carefully.

It was close to 8 and Taehyung was beyond exhausted. His body was aching from all the serving and taking dishes and his head was spinning with all the orders.

"You have done a great job today!" Hoseok said enthusiastically.

"Thank you for bearing with me!" Taehyung bowed to show his gratitude.

"You look exhausted. Go home and take rest now," Hoseok smiled warmly while patting on Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung nodded and quickly changed back to his regular clothes. Then he politely said bye to everyone and got out of the café.

It was getting quiet as the night was getting deepened. Taehyung put on his earphones and started humming his favourite tune. The night breeze helped with his exhaustion a little. Soon he reached the bus stand.

"I should have bought something to eat," he mumbled as his stomach suddenly growled. But he was feeling too tired to go the convenient store that time. And if he did went, he was to miss the bus for sure. So he just decided to go home and maybe eat some of the leftover food that he may find in his refrigerator.

The bus soon came and just after 20 minutes Taehyung was in front of his block. His house was only 5 minutes away.

Taehyung jogged quickly to reach his house. As he came to the sight of his house, he saw two silhouette standing in front of his house.

As he came closer, he saw it was Mrs. Min and that brat.

"Hello Nana," Taehyung greeted politely.

Mrs. Min turned and smiled softly.

"Ah, Taehyung-ah, you are coming home now?"

"Yeah, my part time job just finished."

"Oh, you must be really tired. Here, I brought some soup for you."

She handed him the bowl in her hand.

"Why did you trouble yourself nana? It wasn't necessary!"

"You are a good kid Taehyung. You live away from your family. It must be hard for you to get some good food everyday. Don't hesitate to have something! You are welcomed anytime!"

Taehyung was touched with her warm words. It indeed was difficult living alone for him. He missed his family everyday, especially after returning from his classes.

"Are you done nana? I want to go home!" Jihoon said impatiently.

Of course he had to butt in.

Taehyung mentally rolled his eyes and gave a tight lipped smile to Jihoon.

"Ok, ok, we are going."