Nagato smiled warmly at Naruto, "with the last of my strength I am going to bring back everyone I have killed here..." Nagato coughed.

Even from afar Naruto could tell, his strength was fading, his life was fading.

"Pain-"

"Nagato... that is my name..." Nagato said and Naruto walked towards him.

"Please... no!!" Naruto yelled ad could no longer stop the tears. Konan watched as Nagato's eyes slowly closed. There Naruto mourned for another loss of another family.

~

Konan frowned and looked up at the clear blue sky. Slowly, Pain's body and Nagato's body were wrapped in Konan's paper. "Big sister Konan... what will you do now?" Naruto asked.

"I will stop being in the Akatsuki..." Konan said and looked at Naruto, "as Nagato had said, we will always be your family."

With the swirl of her hand a bouquet of paper flowers formed, she handed it to Naruto who gladly took them. "This will be the last time I see you Naruto." She said and smiled. "Thank you... for everything."

"Be strong, and I wish you luck." She said before disappearing with the bodies of Yahiko and Nagato.

~

Naruto slowly walked in the woods, exhausted, physically and emotionally. His breaths were heavy and his entire body ached, if he should stop he knew he'd collapse from exhaustion.

HIs legs suddenly gave out and just when he was about to hit the floor a soft, warm hand grabbed him and slung his arm around their neck. The blonde turned his head and saw Sakura.

"S-Sakura-chan... y-you're... alive?" He asked.

The pinkette smiled, "of course! Who else would take care of you, hm?" She asked and Naruto chuckled.

The two slowly made their way to the village where they were greeted by the entire village. "Naruto! You're alive!!" His friends exclaimed. The villagers cheers were silenced by the sudden mention of his name.

"What did you say?" A villager asked Sasuke.

"Naruto...?" Sasuke answered, a little confused.

"WHAT!?" Another villager yelled.

All the villagers turned to Naruto and immediately it hit them, the whisker marks, the blue eyes and yellow hair.

"Monster!"

"Killer!"

"Murderer!!"

"Leave!"

"No one wants you here!!"

"Demon!!!"

Naruto's eyes widened at the names that were being thrown at him.

All his friends were confused as to what was even going on, they didn't know why they were calling their friend that but what they did know that it was wrong. They shouted at the villagers to stop but to no avail.

Minato pushed through the crowd with her wife and kids.

He heard it all and suddenly a memory struck his mind.

'The villagers! They beat me-!'

'Stop lying you little brat!'

"My god..." He mumbled.

Mito and Menma looked at one another.

The villagers and Uzumaki-Namikaze's all remembered, who that boy was and what they had done. Guilt struck Minato and Kushina.

"N-Naruto..." Kushina said, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Mito and Menma looked at their mother then at Naruto, remembering what they had done and immediately regretting it. "W-We're... we're so sorry..."

The blonde motioned for Sakura let him go which she did, he listened to them. Their insults and their apologies. Nothing but painful memories his Naruto.

He felt numb.

He clenched his fists tightly, trying to stop the tears from coming.

"You killed my fucking wife!!"

"Go and fucking die god damn it!!"

Sakura looked at Naruto but couldn't see his expression. His head was down and his hair shadowed his eyes. Finally Naruto raised his head, "SHUT UP!!!" He yelled getting everyone's attention.

It was quiet.

Sobs could be heard from the blonde.

"IF THIS IS THE THANKS I GET FOR SAVING YOUR SORRY ASSES THEN FINE!!! I DON'T CARE!!!!" Naruto cried. "I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I LET YOU ALL LIVE!!! IF YOU CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A KUNAI AND A SCROLL THEN GO BACK TO FUCKING SCHOOL YOU SHITS!!!!"

The people murmured to each other and some scoffed at the blonde. "I HAVE DONE NOTHING!!! NOTHING!! YOU ALL BEAT ME SENSELESSLY, A LITTLE BOY!!! A LITTLE BOY WHO DID NOT KNOW!!!" Naruto paused as his body trembled. "I was just a boy... and yet... I was beaten, shunned and abused without even knowing why..."

"To this day I still don't know..."

"Naruto..." Sakura began but then Naruto shook his head and turned around.

Everyone watched as Naruto slowly walked back into the woods. His friends were still in a slight daze and confused.

His so called 'family' felt guilt and regret.

The villagers were stung by his words.

Before they knew it, Naruto was gone from their sight.