I stayed in the kitchen itself and sent his coffee with Rani aunty while everyone had their breakfast.

"Aarna, why are you standing there itself? Come. Let me serve you breakfast." Athayya dragged me to the dining room while saying so.

When she was about to serve me, I held her hand and stopped her. " No, Athayya. I am not hungry and I am going to my Pedhamma's house."

"You aren't hungry?? You didn't even have your dinner yesterday. No excuses. Sit down. I won't stop you from going to your pedhamma's house but you have to have your breakfast before doing so," she exclaimed.

I didn't want to stay here for another minute as I didn't want to have another encounter with him. So I was planning to leave before he came downstairs but how could I explain this to her?

"No Athayya. Let me go. I am really not hungry. I promise I will have something at pedhamma's house. So don't worry." I tried to convince her and after a lot of persuasions, she nodded at me.

"Good. Don't starve yourself because of certain someone's actions," she said in a taunting tone while looking behind me.

I didn't need to turn back to confirm to whom her words were targeted. I closed my eyes and grabbed my bag before bidding her goodbye.

"How will you go?" She asked, making me stop in my tracks.

"I will take the cab," I informed her.

"What! Wait, Dhruv will drop-, okay. I will ask the driver to drop you." She was about to say Dhruv's name but when she noticed my reluctance she changed her words. God..She is so understanding.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see him looking at me intently. Unable to bear this, I started walking outside when I felt him following behind me.

"No one is available. One went to drop Aadhya at her college and another one took your grandma for her regular check-up" Athayya informed me while coming towards me.

"Let's go. I will drop you there," Dhruv said calmly.

"No need. I can go on my own." I said and nodded at Athayya before walking outside the main gate but he held my hand and dragged me near his car and opening it, he forcefully made me sit inside the car, completely ignoring my protests.

"What the hell? Are you crazy?" I shouted at him. He didn't even bother to look at me and started the car.

"Stop the car. I don't need you to drop me there." Again got ignored.

Now he is ignoring me. Hmph. Looks like he has forgotten his yesterday's antics. Let me tell you, never trust a drunken man. Never.

I crossed my hands over my chest and looked outside the window with a slight pout reminding myself that this was my last ride with him, till he earns my forgiveness. The journey was filled with silence and I could see feel his eyes on me occasionally.

When we reached my Pedhamma's house, like a gentleman he came to open the door for me to which I rolled my eyes.

"Let me know when you want to come back. I will pick you up," He informed.

"No need. You aren't my driver and I am not a child. So I can make my way on my own. Moreover, what should I do when you again leave me once you saw someone on the streets. So no thanks." I spat at him angrily.

How much I told myself to forget his hurtful words, I simply couldn't do it but now when he was looking at me with the guilt clearly written all over his face, I scolded myself for being harsh on him but I again consoled myself that it was fine, I was just giving back the taste of his own words.