39| Didn't Think Opening a Door Would Be Terrifying But It Was

Once Yoan entered the conversation, a liveliness also entered. 

I noticed that Professor Allister's face instantly lit up upon seeing Yoan appearing, and he laughed a tiny bit brighter every time Yoan said a joke. Then, obviously, the casualness disappeared when Professor reminded us of a serious matter that still needed to be discussed. 

"We've found Robin."

My heart gave a jolt and I wasn't sure if it was out of my excitement or nerves.

"Where is he!"

"We tracked him down but they sensed us and moved locations."

"How can they move so quickly?" 

"It wasn't their main location and the thing is, they were transporting molton crystals."

My heart gave another jolt.

"You understand how this would look for Robin, right?" Yoan winced and stopped me when I was about to retort. "Yes, he may be forced or something, but people will find all sorts of reasons saying he could've escaped but he stayed willingly."

"Has Jaxton told you anything?"

My lips thinned, slightly hesitant. 

"This is quite important, Cassie."

I let out a breath. "He hasn't told me much about his searches actually. He hasn't told me what he found. But... he said Robin began acting weird since he visited his orphan home called SeaShells."

"I've heard it from Jax," Yoan said. "I'm glad he didn't have a traumatic childhood there — well, you know those movie portrayals of orphanages-"

"Yes, thank you," Professor cut him off, nodding for me to continue. "Any findings?"

I shook my head. "Ms Seam is in charge of SeaShells, and we had a theory that Robin must've stayed to find out more about his parents and specifically their deaths."

Professor considered it, "Robin must've found something at SeaShells."

"Something about his parents, I bet," Yoan turned to look at me. "I don't know how close you are with Jax now but you should convince him to visit SeaShells again."

"But he already did. Ms Seam said nothing was odd."

"Strange..." Professor's gaze seemed different to ours and when he gave me a file to read, I knew why. 

"Ted used to be in the same orphanage as Jaxton..." I couldn't help but mutter. I looked at the photo attached of Ted in the corner. He looked happier and a spark of energy in his eyes. His hair was cut shorter and he was looking directly at me. I quickly shifted my gaze away and scanned the details quickly. "Maybe there is something more to SeaShells." 

Yoan leaned closer to me, peering down at the file as well, I angled it for him to see better, "So, do we know how his parents died?"

Professor shook his head.

I handed the file back. "Out of curiosity — if it's not a secret, of course, otherwise don't tell me — but who's tracking down Robin?"

"Some of our excellent students," Professor had a sly smile. 

"Ah... fair."

"Maybe you should visit SeaShells with him. Maybe you'll be able to get something out of it."

"Is Jaxton generally an observant person?" 

"He's a sensitive guy."

I laughed, "So, you're suggesting I go to SeaShells with him during the break, even though Jaxton is pretty observant himself."