Fateful Encounters [Hiro Granger]

Start from the beginning

"I—I want to touch her..." (Y/n) choked on her own words. "I want to touch you and kiss you and be with you at all times Hiro. I want to watch my baby grow up... Hiro..."

Hiro was sure his heart would burst with the overload of emotions. Every night he promised himself he wouldn't use the power of the ancient crystal and that he wouldn't call his wife and that he would work to letting her go and every night... he failed.

Every night Hiro pierced his heart a little deeper and he wasn't sure how longer he could find the strength to go on.

"I am trying my best to look after her (Y/n) ...And after myself... but..."

"But what? You pain me every time I see you struggling with everyday things!" Wind blew a little more strongly as (Y/n)'s emotions stirred up.

"I—I miss you (Y/n). Our baby misses you... I still wake up at nights expecting you to be beside me. She still looks around when it isn't you who looks after her, or feeds her, or plays with her. I can't sing to her. She MISSES you! We miss you terribly, love. And... and how do you expect her to understand how FAR you are?!"

Hiro stood up from his chair aggressively, the magical crystal neckpiece swinging around his neck and hitting his chest. A few tears fell on the baby's head.

"JUST PLEASE LEAVE (Y/N)! I shouldn't have called you but now... leave!" (Y/n)'s eyes widened as Hiro put his hand on the neckpiece, ready to remove it.

"I'm not far Hiro, love, I'm not far from you." Hiro stopped abruptly at the small, sad voice.

"Huh?" He looked confused.

"There's only a step separating us honey. Just a step." The apparition of his wife floated outwards, it floated barely a foot outside the high window. "Take the step love. Unite us. Unite our daughter with her mother. Be courageous and put your foot forward."

"Wh-What?" Hiro gulped. To anybody else, it would seem ridiculous. But to him, it seemed a golden chance, too good to be true. He would be back with his other half; his daughter wouldn't be motherless anymore.

"Da-da, ma-ma," Hiro looked down. In his arms his daughter had woken up. She looked at him with sparkling (e/c) eyes before motioning her arms towards her mother's apparition.

"Yes sweetheart." (Y/n) smiled extending her arms. "Only this far sweetheart. You can be with Mama again."

"Ma-ma! Da-da look Ma-ma! Ma-ma!" Hiro's body acted on impulse as he stepped in the balcony.

"That's right Hiro... You know this is what is right."

Hiro Granger felt sure these were his last moments alive, and so it felt natural his mind recalled the last moments of (Y/n). They weren't so easy and painless. Unlike him, she had lots to say and do but was short on time. Unlike him, she hadn't wanted to die.

He recalled the last conversation he ever had with (Y/n).

*

2 Months Ago

"Hiro..." Hiro kneeled beside the hospital bed with tear-stained face and a heavy heart. He took (Y/n)'s frail hands in his, rubbing the knuckles with his thumb.

"Shh... You shouldn't speak and exert yourself (Y/n). It'll slow down the painkillers." He whispered.

(Y/n) raised herself slightly against the pillows and chuckled. "It's the after effect of a curse Hiro. No pain killer will do shit."

"Still..."

"Why don't you listen to me for some time?" She asked. Her breathing was becoming increasingly laboured. Hiro didn't want to argue in the end of her short, eventful life. "When this is over love, I don't want you to mope forever."

"Can you not—" He was saddened as (Y/n) tried to make him move on even before she was gone.

"Please Hiro, its important. Let me go as soon as you can. Take care of our baby, live your life, do things you love. Don't stop after me."

"(Y/n)—"

She placed a weak, shaking finger on his lips. "Whatever you do Hiro, promise me one thing. You'll NEVER summon my soul. Never call me and let me manipulate you."

"Come on, you can't manipulate anyone. Not even in a dream." Hiro said, wiping the new tears streaming down his eyes.

"You'll not experiment Hiro. I beg of you."

A violent cough racked her frame, and Hiro saw the minutes ticking by.

"I promise." He kissed her cheek, holding her close. "Now rest."

"You know, I never wanted to die like this..." She said silently. "I want to be with our baby forever."

"I'll—I'll put her in your lap, huh?"

Hiro wiped his eyes over his sleeve and carried the small baby to his wife. She didn't speak anything thereafter, lovingly looked at her daughter or him, until the life seeped out of her.

*

Hiro snapped out of a trance. He realised he was only a step away from his, and his daughter's, death. (Y/n)'s apparition waited for them longingly. He still wanted her but he knew he could no longer do it.

"Sorry (Y/n), you must go." He didn't wait to hear anything that could change his mind. Hiro pulled out the charmed neckpiece and flung it forcefully, bewitching it to catch fire.

"HIRO! NOOO! I only ever desired you! Why are you doing this to us?" The apparition cried as it began fading into nothingness.

"I am really sorry darling. But we had our time together, and now you must go."

The scream faded and Hiro slumped on the floor. The night was silent and breezy again. Everything under the moonlight shined brilliantly in a shade of quicksilver. Nothing and yet everything had changed.

*******

(FIFTEEN YEARS LATER)

Hiro pulled down his glasses when he heard the sound of his door opening.

"Dad?" A young girl, beautiful with long blue hair peeked inside. "Are you free?"

"For you, yes." He nodded. "For any date you might have set for me, no."

The girl chuckled and entered. She pulled a revolving chair and settled beside her father's desk. She put her thick bound book on her father's table.

"You're still using your mum's old Shadow Book?" He enquired putting the glasses on again. "Didn't you start writing your own spells?"

"I did. But look," she pointed to a page, which had been scribbled on several times. "What does this spell do?"

"This..." Hiro thought for a while. "is a spirit summoning spell. What do you want to know about it?"

"Do you think I could contact mum through this?" The girl asked in a small, timid voice. Almost afraid of the reaction.

"Oh, you could." Her father nodded. "But I burned the crystals and candles required for this."

"D-Dad? Why?" Her eyes teared at her father's response.

Hiro smiled wistfully and put his arm around her daughter's shoulder pulling her close. "It was your mum's wish to never be summoned. And..." He sighed deeply, feeling teary himself. "What's dead should remain so."

His daughter looked slightly confused as her rarely affectionate father dropped a kiss on her head. Maybe sometime.

so, this was something new and different. i am not sure. tell me your views...

vote, comment and share! 

lots of love,

~nicole ❤