"Hm." Virgil nodded, he knew something had happened between the two, but didn't push it.

"How's Allie?" Elle asked changing the subject.

"Good, she's good." He cleared his throat, "I've got a position as Sheriff in this little town called Colton." Elle nodded, "The one hand thing isn't so bad." He chuckled.

"Does it hurt?" She asked.

"Sometimes," Virgil said, "but it passes with time."

Ellanora wanted to tell Virgil about Doc and her getting married, but she felt it wasn't right.

Elle looked to the doorway of the sanatorium and saw Wyatt walk out, almost upset at something. He walked up to the pair on the bench and sighed. Elle stood up and Virgil did as well.

"How is he?" She asked nervously.

Wyatt looked sadly tow
her, "You should go to him."

Elle looked between Wyatt and Virgil before rushing past them and back into the hospital. She passed a line of beds and sick patients, nurses and doctors. Elle turned the corner and stood at the foot of the bed of Doc's bed.

"John." She said as he watched her.

She sat down next to him, holding his hands. "Anna my darling." He gasped out. Tears fell down his face, making Elle panic. "Please keep my promise."

"I promise." She whispered back.

Doc smirked weakly to her, his eyes tired and lost in thought. He looked into her eyes for a moment. As if his mind stopped racing and just focused in on his wife. He took her in, her air, her looks, her feel. He took it all in.

"I love you, Anna Ellanora Raycroft."

Elle gasped out a cry, "And I love you John Doc Holliday."

Doc smiled weakly again, watching his wife cry. He reached up, with a shaky hand and wiped her tears away. Elle leaned into his touch as his hand graced her face.

"Wherever you go, I'll be there beside you." Doc whispered.

"No," Elle cried, "you can't leave me."

"Darling," he choked on his tears, "I will always be with you. Through storms and sunshine. Through your darkest days. Through your own sickness. I will never leave your side."

Elle took his hand from her cheek and kissed it, feeling broken. She leaned in closer and kissed his lips one more time.

His boyish charm had somehow melted away and left a cast of everything he was. He was still the man she fell in love with. The man she hated, but learned to love.

Doc looked down at his feet, that were sticking up from the bed, not covered. He looked up at Elle and chuckled weakly,

"Well I'll be damned." He gasped out. Elle glanced to his bare feet, "this is funny." Doc said smiling to his wife.

Elle looked back at Doc who smiled one last time. His blue eyes faded and seemed to disappear from life itself. A final breath was drawn from Holliday, as his grasp on his wife's hand become cold. His face drained from any colour it had left, as the life was taken from him.

Elle looked on as her Doc's eyes became lifeless, his body becoming a shell of what was, and what will never be.

Ellanora let a cry out as she lifted her shaking hand and closed his eyes. Tears drained from her eyes as she cried out in the hospital. She placed a kiss in his forehead, hoping the kiss would give life. Leaning her head down on the bed, wrapping her arms around his body, hoping that her touch would bring the man back to life.

Wyatt and Virgil heard her crying from the garden. It was a cry of a broken heart, and a lost soul. The one you hear when you know something very true has been lost.

"God rest his soul." Virgil whispered into the air as Wyatt put his head down in his hands.

The cries of his wife, were heard throughout the garden, breaking the hearts of the two Earp brothers who knew her pain all to well.