Chapter 55

𝓐𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔂𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓰𝓸 𝓫𝔂, 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓶𝓸𝓿𝓮, 𝓼𝓸 𝓭𝓲𝓭 𝓼𝓱𝓮.

Though the years were long and hard, as such lives would turn out to be. She made it go by as normal as she could.

The new life she lived was nothing compared to her time with the Earp brothers in Tombstone with the famous gunslinger Doc Holliday. She still craved adventure and wild chases, even though she had become tired of them in the past.

But she had kept her promise. She never ran. Never looked back. She made something of herself.

Ellanora went back to California with Virgil, she stayed with him and his beautiful wife Allie as she tried to get a hold on her new life.

Elle worked alongside Virgil in Colton as deputy to him, the sheriff. She had always said that the law was no place for a women, but she knew that had to change.

She fought for the people of Colton. She would go around town and not show off her badge as a symbol of power, she used it as a symbol of hope. Elle helped take care of lost women, like her friend Eliza did. She would take them into her own home and help them get back on their feet.

She wore her badge as a reminder of her husband.

She fought for the equal rights of those around her. She wanted everyone in Colton to have a fair and respectful life. She insured that with her job.

While safety away in California, she heard news of Ike Clanton. The cowboy died at an attempted robbery. Ellanora sat with Wyatt as the news was brought forward to them.

Ellanora played a huge part in the right for a women's vote. She believed women were the future, that they too could survive in a mans world. She held information sessions, ran companies, fought for her right to vote. She believed in all these things, so she fought for it.

Ellanora had watched the world change, and the people around her. She watched Virgil and Allie grow old together. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't jealous of their relationship. Elle longed for that with Doc.

She also watched Wyatt Earp marry his love, Josephine Markus. The actress who stole his heart away back in Tombstone.

The three would often talk about their Tombstone days. Bringing the good memories back, and pushing the bad ones away. It was a sensitive topic at times. Some memories were outnumbered with the mentions of Doc, which hurt Ellanora. So the stories of Doc and Morgan as well, were avoided.

Elle never remarried, but she kept the name Holliday. She had no interest in falling in love and getting married again. No one could compare to her love Doc Holliday.

Everyday she would place his hat on her head, and his Pearl white pistols on her hips. She held them all very close to her as it was the only things she had of him. At night she would place them on the table in her little house. Hoping he would walk back in and take them from the table.

Every morning she woke to them still laying on the table. It pained her.

Not only did Ellanora have to adjust to her new life without Doc, and becoming deputy. But she also struggled with the rumours and whispers of the town folk around Colton.

People had heard the story of Earp ride, but Wyatt not Elle ever spoke about it. They were asked, but they never said anything. It was something they agreed to do unless they were all dead.

Ellanora also struggled with being alone with a child.

Not long after her husbands death, she found she was with child. Frightened for her life, and raising the child alone, she found support in Wyatt and Virgil. They stood by her side the whole way through. She carried the child, determined to give them the best life she could.