1

I've always liked days like these. The dark sky's. The haze of fog. The cool wind leaving the smell of the damp grass in your nose. The only thing that could ruin today would be starting at a new school.
Oh wait, haha I almost forgot.

Walking up to the school I could see all the other kids. Similar too me some minding their own business. Some being obnoxious and loud.
I roll my eyes at their foolishness and continue to mind my own business.

I chose the smart choice this morning to wear dark skinny jeans, because you know pants. Boots, because of the wet ground and they work. A gray band shirt because why not. And a zipped up brown jacket because of the rain. Also, the hood hides my face.

I hate being new. I've done it before, it's not fun. No friends. No one you know. No clue where to go, where to sit, who to talk to, how to act. Luckily I find my first class with ease. Well, that's if "with ease" means attracting every stare in the hallway and noticing many to be filled with disgust.

Once I get to class I sit in the back. I know why they don't like me. Why they looked at me like that. I'm shy. I look like I'm trying to be quirky. Like I'm trying to be
(—okay author popping in this is in 95' but I'm throwing in a newer reference because it fits)
A blonde Bella swan or something.

As the teacher rambled on I sketch in my notebook. oooH I'm sO edgY rigHt. I'm not good at drawing but I like making little doodles. Writing random words. Letting my head empty.

Hour to hour. Class to class. Hallway to hallway. I can hear the whispers. My name. "New girl" Ugh this is dreadful. Keep your head down. The typical. Mouth shut. I prefer not to say anything, scared of a worse impression.

Before I know it, it's the worse time of day. Lunch. Where do I sit? This is not fun. Oh my god I'm standing here like a weirdo. Brain work. Observe. Jocks. Cheerleaders. Geeks. Empty. Oh thank god, my legs are beginning to work.

I sit down and keep to myself as usual. Head down. Realistically I can't got through the whole year without talking to somebody. oR cAn I- first day and I'm already going crazy, great.

THUNK

I jump as I'm startled by the sound of thudding and obnoxious but also adorable laughter. I look over to the side and see a group of people and see them take a moment to realize I'm here.

Fuck.

The one boy hits the others arm looking at me as if I'm an alien. The blonde one looks at me with a very confused look. One of the last two looks at me after noticing the others. And finally the one still, laughing turns around with a giant smile and large hazel brown eyes, and his smile slowly turns into a mixture of all the others boys faces.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

The first boy whispers to the blonde boy "why is she here" a little louder than one should. The blonde one made a face quite literally like this 😐 to him noticing the fact I completely heard him. The hazel eyed boy quickly looked at all of them before opening his mouth.

"Who are you?" He asked full of confusion about the blonde girl in front of him.

"I'm Cameron thanks for asking." I replied bluntly. ew was that mean? Does it matter?
The one in the back lifted his head up.

"Hi I'm Bobby nice to meet you Cameron"

"Oh what a charmer" My eyes widen as I come to a realization. DID I JUST SAY THAT KUT LOUD. The boy Bobby looks extreme surprised while the two boys in the back hold in there laughs and the brown haired boy still looked at me with confusion.

"Why are you here?" He asked me seriousness on his face.

"Oh am I not supposed to sit here?"

"Oh no you're plenty fine to sit here" the blonde boy said lightly hitting the serious boy.
"We were just confused as too why there was someone different sitting at our table"

"So I'm different?"

"No, no your just like I don't know Um new." The blonde boy stuttered to get out.

"Oh well I can leave if you'd like"

"No your fine," the boy in the back said.

"So your Bobby," I said gesturing to the boy keeping to himself. "And you all are?"

"I'm Reggie" the boys in the back said with the most adorable little smile.

"Alex" the blonde said. His body movements could tell a lot about him. He gives off the immediate feeling of trust. We all look to the no named boy that looks lost in his thoughts.

"I'm Luke" I smile at his cocky ness. And then I snap back to reality.

"Well, apologies for sitting at your table I'll be going then." I say getting up not wanting to disrupt them.

"You can stay." Reggie said making me smile to myself.

"Thank you for that offer, but I don't want to interrupt you lunch so if you'll excuse me"  I begin to walk away and I can feel all four pairs of eyes on me.

It gonna be a long year.

A/N hiii!!!!! Sorry for the semi slow start! Also the cover picture is a little weird but I don't know what to make it yet.