3

Sitting in my class I feel so embarrassed. Not only did I just almost cry I had to be saved by the "music boys"? as she called them. Wonder what that means. I hate being new. So many questions. I feel like an infant, I know nothing. I can not wait for the day to be over. I'm so over this sh- BIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG. The bell cuts me off from my own thoughts. Thank god. Get to your locker. Luckily I do so without any problems. Okay now get your things and get out. Okay I got this, I got this. Exiting the school I take a deep breathe in through my nose. The sun had began to come out.

"Hey there she is." Luke said pointing to the girl trying to leave.

"Who?" Alex said not looking up from his phone. (yes ik its 95' idc they have phones)

"It's Cameron, HI CAMERON!" Reggie said with a big puppy dog smile. Luke watched as the girl turned and cringed for a moment before slightly smiling back. The group walked over to the girl hoping to have a real conversation.

"Hey Cameron, you okay? Ya know after the whole situation earlier..." Alex said leaving the awkward feeling roaming through the air.

"Yeah, yeah i'm fine. " the girl said trying to escape the conversation.

"Are you busy tonight?" Luke asked her earning stares from each person at the bold comment.

"Uh excuse me?" she responded not out of sass, but out of pure confusion. Why would the boy ask something like that if not wanting to partake in some form of after school meeting with at least the two of them, some could call hanging out let alone a- a DATE. She'd known the boy, not even known more like, greeted the boy less than twelve hours ago. If this was going the way one would assume, even if it was just hanging out after school, she had to give it too him. The boy was bold.

"Our band has a gig tonight. I was wondering if maybe you wanted to come watch?"

"Band?"

"Yeah band" Alex responded while Reggie reached in his bag pulling out a shirt. He handed it to Cameron and she read it aloud, very confused.

"Sunset Curve?"

"Tell your friends" Reggie quickly said with a smirk.

"Wait is this what the girl meant when she said music boys?"

"Pretty much" Alex said.

"So will you come?" Luke said looking at her with hopeful eyes.

"Well for starters I don't know where or when."

"This little club downtown, "The Arrow" at seven. " Reggie said.

"I don't have a Ticket"

"We'll set one aside for you" Luke said looking at the girl admiring her features.

"I'll think about it." Cam answered before walking off. Luke turned to the boys with a confused face.

"What does that mean?"

"Luke I don't understand how you can be so clueless after you've dated so many girls." Alex said teasing the boy.

Walking into her house Cameron tried not to make a ruckus. Removing her shoes she noticed her drunken mother lying on the couch with her limbs sprawled out. Cam rolled her eyes at the sight and proceeded to her room.

She flopped down on the bed and pulled out her phone.

Sarah:How was your first day?

Cam:Seriously starting off with this question

Sarah: sorry, didn't know a big sister couldn't have a conversation with her little sister.

Cam: no your fine sar, just school was something else

Sarah: oh well i'm asking you anyway. friends?

Cam:no.

Sarah:did you at least talk to ANYONE?

Cam:yea.

Sarah:Who?

Cameron:a boy band.

Sarah:...

Sarah:A boy band?

Cam: apparently so. I sat at their table creating an awkward greeting and then they saved me when these popular assholes were being rude and then at the end of the day they invited me to a club to watch them play tonight.

Sarah:wow

Cam:yeah

Sarah:So what're you gonna wear

Cam: ...

Sarah: You are going, right?

Cam: idk the whole thing feels too awkward.

Sarah: you. are. going.

Cam: Am I though?

Sarah: hows mom?

Cameron put her phone down. That wasn't fair. She knew what she was doing. And how much it hurt.

Cam: I don't know what i'll be wearing.

Cam sighed as she looked in the mirror. Why was this so hard? More importantly why did she care so much? It doesn't matter what she wears. Right?

"Ughhhhhhhh!" She sat on the floor looking at herself in the mirror. "You know what? Fuck it." she threw on some loose jeans and and t-shirt and a zip up hoodie. "I look great. Let's do this" She looked at her phone noticing it was nearly seven. The girl grabbed her stuff and opened her window. She wasn't even going to try with her mother right now. She climbed out and onto to the great big tree next to her house and jumped down. Walking through the city she looked for the little club. What was the name? 'The Arrow' that's right! She spotted the little lit up sign on the corner. She walked up and looked at it questioning if she was really doing this? Stop thinking! You're doing this.