Veinte 20

Keith jangled a ring with shiny metal knick knacks on it in the kit's face, just in their reach. The kit batting at the shiny nosie object, their eyes holding stars as Keith played with them. Small grunts and babbling came from the little one in Keith's lap.

The half Galra cooed at them, Sana leaning over his shoulder, watching the knick knacks with as much interest as the kit. Neither actually doing their job of keeping watch for patrols.

"Would you two please focus!?" Ruu called from the front of Keith's pod.
"Well do you want the kit screaming their head off?" Keith called back.
"Can't you keep watch and keep them quite?" the other called back.
"Not really, I don't want them eating anything."
"Their a kit! What are they gonna eat?"
"Literally anything they can get a hold of. I thought you knew more about babies than this!"
"Yeah, Galra kits! They don't eat anything and everything you put in front of them!"
"Well that's gotta be bullshit, cause their trying to eat their toy!" Keith hollered back.

"What's bullshit?" Sana asked.
"It's a way to call out someone on their lie," Keith answered, pulling the toy from the kit's mouth.
"Keith what Earth cursing are you teaching my mate!" Ruu snapped at the Paladin.
"Bullshit is not that bad of a word!" he yelled back.
"I don't care! Sana don't repeat that word!"
"What word?"
"Bullshit," Keith and Ruu answered.

"Why does Keith get to say it?" Sana whined.
"He doesn't," Ruu called back.
"You're not my mom!" The Paladin called back.
"You're right, I'm not a female, I can't be your mother, I am your parent!" Ruu snapped back.
"That's bullshit!" he called back.

There was some clanking in the pod, followed by a set of heavy fast footsteps.
"Oh, no," Keith muttered, racing from the pod.

"Keith!" Ruu hollered after him, the kit cooing in his arms, their eyes shining, if they'd known how they'd be smiling.
The pair raced around  Keith avoiding Ruu as they tried to grab him.

"Sana help me!" Ruu called.
The third half breeds eyes lit up as she raced forward, arms wrapping around Keith as she picked him up. The  Paladin yelping as he curled around the kit, laughing as they spun. A smirk on Ruu's face made him stop laughing.

The teen shrunk in Sana's arms, "Sorry..." he tried, begging with his eyes.
"Nice try," Ruu smirked, tackling him and Sana to the ground, tickling the younger half breed.
The male squealed kicking wildly in Sana's arms as he tried to get a way, the kit on his chest babbling happily watching them, as Ruu made sure they wouldn't fall.

Eventually Ruu, satisfied with Keith's "punishment", sat back picking up the kit, "No cursing," they smirked walking away with the kit who babbled at them.
The Paladin nodded catching his breath as Sana set him down gently. The male leaning up against her taking sharp breaths, small chuckles escaping his lips.

"Sure, bumoui," he sighed as they reentered the pod with the kit.
"What does that mean?" Sana asked tilting her head.
"It means parent in Korean," Keith answered.
"What's Korean?"
"It's an Earth language," he answered.
"Why do you know Korean?" she asked.
"My dad's parents, my grandparents, were Korean, so my dad spoke it a lot, I picked it up from him," Keith answered looking at the ground, remembering his father's face from back in the Blade of Marmora's home base during his trail.

It seemed like years ago that it had happened, but really it had only been a few months. It was insane to think he hadn't seen his team, that he hadn't seen Lance, in only months. It felt like so much longer. It felt like years that he'd spent on that Galra ship. He still didn't know how long it had actually been. Ruu and Sana didn't know about much happening in the universe, but that was to be expected. In all honesty, he hadn't known Ruu and Sana for very long either. He couldn't say for sure what it was about the pair that made him want to put his walls down.