Chapter Thirteen: The Florida 500 Pt2

Previously...

Turbo and Cruz soon reached the pack of the back. The latter looked around with uncertainty, feeling this is rather intimidating for him. Turbo, meanwhile, she was taking some deep breaths to calm herself down before the race. It was something she was taught by McQueen when she was young.

"OK... Here we go. Focus. Speed. I... am speed." Turbo whispers. "I'm faster than fast. Quicker than quick! I am Turbocharged."

"Hey, Turbo. You ready?" Braedey now asked over the headset.

Did he have to ask? Turbo smirked. "Oh, yeah! Turbo's ready." She replied, ready to race.

"The green flag is out, and we are back to racing!!" Bob announced, as the green flag was dropped.

~*~*~

At once, all the car's engines roared with such ferocity to make anyone step back. Turbo shot forward to keep up with the pack, her eyes locked on the cars ahead of her, and she chased after them, Cruz nearly swerving off the track from the engine roar. She was also not catching up with the others.

"Cruz, what are you doing? Come on, pick it up." Smokey said on the headset. "You got to go faster, okay?"

McQueen then had an idea. "Call her Francis Beltline, and tell her the the school bus of death is after her

"What! no!" Smokey spoke back.

"Trust me." McQueen insisted.

"Uh... Francis Beltline, the school bus of death is after you." Smokey said to Cruz, although he was uncertain about.

"Oh..., right." Cruz accelerated off after the other cars.

"Okay, that was different." Smokey commented with a raised eyebrow.

"She was in a demolition derby with a crazy school bus." Annalise clarified to Smokey.

"Turbo, where are you?" Braedey now asked.

"I'm slowly making my way along." Turbo replied, swerving left and right. "What about Cruz?"

"Don't worry about that right now. Just keep your head down and lock onto that track." Braedey stated, Turbo accelerating forward

Cruz powered along towards the rear of the pack, but as she was getting close, she saw the gap was too tight for her to get in. She seemed too tense right now.

"Cruz, you are looking too tight now." Smokey said. "Come on, loosen it up!"

"Tell her she is a fluffy cloud." McQueen suggested.

Smokey just looked at McQueen. "What! no!"

Smokey, tell her." McQueen insisted.

"Please." Annalise asked.

"Cruz, you are a fluffy cloud." Smokey said, although he wasn't sure on saying that.

"Oh, right... too tight." Cruz started to settle down, getting into a rhythm. "I am a fluffy cloud! I am a fluffy cloud!" She said to herself. She then saw the turn, but she was going too wide, forcing her to swerve away from the wall, trying to keep up with the other cars.