Chapter Nine: The Truth About Cruz

Mack sped down the road at speed into the night, not taking any chances and not stopping for anyone. Braedey had his black disguise removed, Annalise and Turbo relived to see the three were alright, but the two were livid with what Cruz did.

"The fans here in Thunder Hollow are still buzzing over tonight's unexpected appearance of Lightning McQueen." Shannon Spokes announced on the TV.

"He was always been my favourite! My garage is filled with head to toe in 95 posters." Miss Fritter commented.

McQueen just stared at Cruz and the Thunder Hollow Trophy, which was a golden number 8 out of tyres with wings on it. Braedey and Turbo were also just staring at Cruz with hidden anger in their eyes. Annalise was in another part of the trailer. She wasn't sure of wanting to see Cruz right now.

Cruz looked at the trophy. "So, trophy's kinda nice. Don't you think?" She asked. Lightning just stared at her. "I mean, I know you got a million of them, so you would know. I still can't believe I won. It's pretty shiny, I have never seen one up close. Looks like they spent a lot of money on it. I mean, I think it's-"

McQueen finally had enough. He was enraged. "Stop! Just stop! Okay, Cruz? You don't even know. You don't even have one clue!"

Cruz looked hurt. "Hey! I was just trying to—"

"Do you know what happens if Dad loses this race?!" Turbo then yelled at Cruz. "Every mile of this trip was to get him faster than Jackson Storm. Faster! But that hasn't happened at all!"

"I start off getting nowhere for a week on a simulator! We lose a whole day on Fireball Beach! And then, I waste tonight in the crosshairs of Miss Fritter! I'm stuck in the same speed I was a month ago! I can't get any faster because I'm too busy TAKING CARE OF MY TRAINER!!!" McQueen yelled out now.

"And on top of that, I have never done something so embarrassing in my life!" Braedey snapped in.

"This is Dad's last chance, Cruz! His last one! Final! If he loses, he will never get to do this ever again!" Turbo now had tears forming from her eyes. "I can't bear the thought of Dad being kicked out of the sport he loves!"

"If you were an actual racecar, you'd know what we're talking about! But you're not! So you don't!" Braedey finally snapped, and knocked the side of the wall with his tyre, and he accidentally knocked the Thunder Hollow trophy over, causing it to fall and break.

Cruz gasped, then she got angry

Cruz gasped, then she got angry. "Mack, pull over!" She ordered.

Mack was a bit surprised. "What, now?"

"NOW!" Cruz now pressed a button, opening the trailer ramp down, sparks flying off.

Mack immediately pulled over to the side of the road. "Okay! I'm pulling over! I'm pulling over!" As he came to a stop, Cruz reversed out of the trailer, Braedey rolling out to Cruz while McQueen tended to Turbo, Annalise alongside them.