Chapter Four: Four Months Later

After the crash and about four months later, McQueen still hasn't been the same since the accident. He's been inside of Doc's garage for the whole time, no doubt trying to think of what to do. Braedey and Turbo, along with Annalise, who's back up on her four wheels, they've been trying to think about something, but nothing they can think can come to mind.

"Welcome to Piston Cup around-the-clock where we do nothing but talk racing. Let's get to it, starting of course with Lightning McQueen." Mike Joyride spoke on the radio. "With the season start just two weeks away, there's still no official announcement. But with number 95 coming off his worst year on record; don't shoot the messenger here, folks, but I think it's safe to assume that Lightning McQueen's racing days are over. Meanwhile, Jackson Storm is looking even faster than...."

Lightning, who was in his primer paint, turned off the radio, and sighed sadly. He looked down at the ground, his mind lost in his thoughts. So, he decided to watch some old footage reels. It was of Fireball Beach 500 back in 1954.

"The number six and the number 12 cars are still fighting it out to the lead

"The number six and the number 12 cars are still fighting it out to the lead. But wait, here he comes. It's the fabulous Hudson Hornet, knocking at their door!" The announcer said, as Doc, with his racing colours, raced by other cars, doing the amazing drift and taking the lead. "What's he got up his sleeve today? And there it is! With one incredible move, he has passed them." McQueen couldn't help but smile a little at seeing his old crew chief in his prime. "The Hornet takes this decisive lead. He's left the pack behind. His crew chief Smokey is loving it."

"It's unbelievable!" Then, Doc tried to do the drift for the next turn, but his right wheels got caught in the sand, and he began to spin, flip, and crash. "Oh no, he's in trouble! The Hudson Hornet has lost control! THE HUDSON HORNET HAS LOST CONTROL!!!"

McQueen sighed sadly. Red flag was waved as the other cars stopped, all of them in shock and worry. Paramedics raced up to the dented and broken, with smoke coming from his engine. It was déjà vu for him.

"What should been a scene of jubilation has turned tragic here today, folks

"What should been a scene of jubilation has turned tragic here today, folks." A second announcer spoke, the cameras looking at Doc. "As we await news on the Hudson Hornet's condition, after such a devastating crash, we can only hope that this race today wasn't his last."