Chapter One: Lightning Meets the Storm?

Darkness. Alone. Total isolation. The perfect setting to be alone with one's thoughts. Or in this case, motivating one's self.

Heaving breathing could be heard. Breathing that belonged to a male. "OK... Here we go." He tells himself, his handsome voice filling the air. "Focus. Speed. I... am... speed."

He visualises being out there on the racetrack, zooming past the other drivers in a flash of colours and, the sound of crackling and roaring engines thundering just behind them.

"One winner. 42 losers." The male voice breathed. "I eat losers for breakfast." The images of racing past losers flashes in his mind, his engine accelerating and powering up, causing him to smirk. He suddenly dropped his smirk, due to another thought. "Did I use to say that?"

"Yes, sir..." McQueen snapped his eyes open, now seeing Mater sitting in front of him. "You say that all the time."

"Mater? what are you doing in here?" McQueen asked in surprise.

Mater looks like a Haunted Hook/Haulital Hook'em, and a mix of a 1951 International Harvester L-170 "Boom Truck", One Ton Wrecker combined with some pieces of a Chevrolet3800 and an old 1957 Dodge Truck. He is covered in rust and the only visible paint that could be seen is on his sides and on his rear. He also has a bumper with a yellow and black "caution" logo.

Lightning McQueen has a set of blue eyes, and his main paintjob is a nice red colour

Lightning McQueen has a set of blue eyes, and his main paintjob is a nice red colour. His body shape looks to be a combination of a a stock car and a more curvaceous Le Mans endurance racer, with his good looking more curved instead of being boxy, and he has a ducktail spoiler on his rear, giving him his stock car look. Sponsored by his team Rusteze, it resembles the original he had in 2006, but with rebranded Piston Cup and Rusteze logos. His number 95 is now seen under his left headlight, on his hood is now seen a lightning bolt with Rusteze logo.

"Well, I didn't want you to be lonely." Mater said to McQueen.

"Well, thank you." McQueen replied to Mater. "But, I'm kind of preparing for a race. I need a little quiet."

"Alright. You got it, buddy." Mater reversed out of the trailer, the trailer ramp going back up. "Hey, every buddy, listen up. My best friend Lightning McQueen need quiet! Perfect quiet!" He announced, honking his horn.

McQueen snickered to himself, then he sighed. "Okay, where was I? Racing. Real racing." McQueen closed his eyes, thinking about one of the lessons he had with Doc Hudson, his old mentor...

~*~*~{Flashback}~*~*~

Doc and McQueen were both down at Willy's Butte, the two of them having gone for a little drive around the dirt track.