Epilouge

•○•

Lightning.

To most it was a terrifying experience, to Angelica it was a peaceful sound that only brought her comfort during troubling times. The rain coming down harder and faster from the clouds in the heavens touched her skin softly, cooling the warm rage that filled her veins.

At a young age Angelica knew that she was different. She would always get stared at and made fun of, she didn't know why until she was a bit older.

With 4 older brothers looking after her, she always felt protected. Whenever she needed someone or something, they would always be the first ones she would call.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

When Angelica was born it was a miracle, yet a curse in the same way. Her parents were trying to get pregnant with a child just as their friends had, two months after Evelyn and the rest of the moms told Angelica's mom they were pregnant, she thought it might be been too late.

Yet, when she took a pregnancy test, it was almost like magic. The test straight away sprung a positive sign, and Avangeline was ecstatic. She couldn't wait to tell her husband the grand news.

Avangeline was excited and nervous about becoming a mom, but she knew that in her heart she would know what to do.

During her pregnancy, she had really bad heartburn and would get slight premonitions. She didn't exactly know what was happening since the boys in the family only got their powers at 13. So she concluded that she was not going to have a boy, but a little baby girl.

Up until the birth, Angelica did not make it easy on her mother. Kicking her stomach just as a baby would was fine, it was the scary visions and magic that would rise within Avangeline that scared her the most.

Once Angelica was born, after about 3 hours of pushing, Avangeline could not have been any happier seeing her little baby girl. Her and her husband, Edgar, were beyond excited, but still a bit worrisome since they thought they were expecting a boy like the rest of their friends.

Once Angelica was born, Edgar had headed over to the Danvers house to have a meeting with the other 4 families. The Damnation came out and began flipping its pages until it landed on a part of the book they hadn't combed through since it was just a bunch of blank pages.

Once the book opened, writing began to appear on it's own, showing a picture and a name of a young baby girl. Her name was Maragret, she was born into the lineage 4 generations ago. She was the first girl to have been born to one of the families and it seemed that every four generations another babygirl would be sprung into the mix.

Edgar was relieved to hear that a girl wasn't a sign or a bad omen, but he was still worried about her health and well being, also her future.

Thoughts and questions littered his mind as he thought more and more about his little daughter.

'Would she have powers like the boys? Would she be powerless? Would she have the same powers or different ones?'