7

"Leave a message

             "Leave a message... Or not. I'on care either way." her thumb smashed the red button after getting her son's voicemail for the tenth time. Shantey released a stressful breath, receiving a concerned stare from Anicia.

               "Everything okay?" Anicia questioned.

               "I don't believe so. My son left the house without telling his Nana when he knows he wasn't supposed to leave. I'm gonna have to leave. But I don't want to tell Tae and worry him because he's in a great mood with the kids."

               "I got you." Anicia said, gesturing for Shantey to follow her towards the brother's. "Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt baby, but me and Shantey are gonna head out."

               Toby looked at the women, concerned. "What's wrong? Som' body fuck wit y'all?"

               "No, babe, I'm just tired of walking. This baby has me wanting to lay down." Anicia convinced, rubbing her protruding belly. "Shantey's gonna keep me company."

               Tae eyed his wife. "Nothin' wrong?"

               Shantey formed a smile to ease his worry. "Nothing, baby. You know when the pregnant woman is ready to lay down, that's it. Just enjoy the rest of the hour and a half with the kids. I'll see you then. K?"

               Tae nodded, kissing his wife. "Aight. Take the sprinter."

               "Okay, we'll be back before it's over." she assured.

               Shantey and Anicia waved by to the kids before they got into the sprinter and Shantey let him know which destination to drive in. "Do you know where he would be?"

               "He hangs out with Gabe mostly." Shantey said, scrolling through her contact list to find her sons cousin's number and pressed it when she found it, calling him. "I hope he's with him."

               Gabe answered soon after. "Wussup, Aunt Tay?"

               "Hey, Gabe. I don't want to interrupt what you're doing, but have you heard from Romeo today?"

               "Na. Not since last night." Gabe responded.

               "Ok, do you think he'd be with Candice?" She asked, mentioning Romeo's girlfriend.