18

With his wife's birthday celebration around the corner, Tae has been on it to plan her the best bash he could offer since last year it did end with the two in an argument pertaining to his ex-girlfriend

               With his wife's birthday celebration around the corner, Tae has been on it to plan her the best bash he could offer since last year it did end with the two in an argument pertaining to his ex-girlfriend. He wanted her to have the time of her life from start to finish.

               Tae slow strides with the celebrity party planner that achieved preparations for his mother and son's birthday parties a year before, Victoria, scoping the large event space and he needed her to perfect his wife's party as well. It was a surprise soul-train theme and Victoria was the best person for it with her specializing in themes.

               "I love this space," Victoria continued. "Half of the floor will be tables and where the food will be placed, then the other half will be the dance floor. A big disco light will be hung directly over it and we have a section for the DJ. Do you have one, or would you like me to contact DJ SoHo?"

               "Na, my sis on the way wit somebody that's DJing her weddin' next month. So that's checked off." Tae assured, "Where we at wit the invitations?" he asked.

               "You just have to choose which one you would want." Victoria fished for her phone, unlocking it, and showing his the two options.

               Tae approved of the second option. "I like that Ledé Get Down. It's notta party for kids. I want them adults to let they hair down and turn up."

               Before Victoria could respond, voices approached. It got Tae and the party planners attention to the three women entering the event space. It was his pregnant sister in-law, niece, and a women he has never met.

               "Look at my favorite niece!" Tae acknowledged smiling happily.

               Lotus skipped forward to her uncle, embracing him excitedly. "Hey, Uncle Books."

               "Look at this crown!" Tae fluffed out Lotus's twist-out hair that was in a form of a curly afro. "You doing the theme early atchu?"

               Lotus posed smacking her tongue. "Well, you know, I'm testing out the whole soul train hairstyles."

               "I love it. How you doin' sis, lookin' like you ready to deliver." Tae hugged Anicia and rubbing her round stomach.

               Anicia exhaled sharply. "Two more months honey."

               "Gon' fly by. This the planner that's doing my baby party bash. She planned my mother's birthday and Romeo's hip-hop party too."