2

— ♥ —

               Shantey's remake of Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song" played around the recording studio at her office in Encino. The blue LED lights offered the tranquil vibe that combined with orange baffle absorbers and the white, leather couch that Shantey sat on. She was currently breastfeeding Azoni, with the nursing covering blocking the sight, and her Milano Di Rouge high waisted leggings covered crossed legs and her curly hair in a messy bun.

               She bobbed her head to her rendition of the Christmas song with it offering the contemporary R&B and hip-hop ethos. She hummed along with her warm, alluring vocals, as the studio door opened and captured her gaze. She smiled at the sight of her mother figure, Heather Gutierrez, with her golden tan skin and long, curly brown hair pushed back in a ponytail and Adidas cap covering the top of her head.

               Heather's stout stature dressed in a yellow stripe maxi dress and brown sandals, with her prescription eyeglasses over her brown eyes. She smiled herself at the sight of her daughter. "Hey honey. This a new song?"

               "Hi, Mommy." Shantey hugged Heather that bent down, "Yeah it's new. How'd you know I was here?"

               Heather sat down on the couch with her tote purse beside her. "Couldn't reach you. And I know when that happens you're in the studio. My new grand baby done eating?"

               Shantey checked under the burping blanket to check on Azoni. "Yeah, he's finished." She fixed her Tom and Jerry graphic boyfriend T-shirt before removing the burping blanket to uncover the newborn that slept.

               Heather cooed instantly. "Aww, look at him!" She rubbed in hand sanitizer, placing the baby blanket across her chest before cradling Azoni in her arms. "He's so handsome."

               Shantey checked her phone that was on do not disturb and seen the numerous calls and texts from Heather as she turned off the studio song. "Yeah, my phone was on DND to focus on finishing these records."

               "How many have you done?" Heather asked, placing Azoni tummy-down across her lap sideways and securely held him with one hand and patting his back with the other.

               "Three," Shantey locked her phone and put it down to put her attention on her mother figure. "A duet with Usher, a feature with Ty Dolla, and the song you heard playing."

               "Getting busy huh?"

               "I took a much needed hiatus from music to work on the baby gear line with Amanda and just wanting a stress-free pregnancy with Azoni. Now, it's back to the money."

               "And how are you juggling all this skyrocketing career and the kiddos?"

               "Well, for the past few days I have been doing it. . . . it honestly has not been as easy as I presumed." Shantey spoke candidly. "Azoni is hungry nonstop; especially at night. I'm up at three in the morning feeding him and staying up with him. I can barely go back to sleep with Cruz and Boogie having to be up and ready at six to be to school before seven-thirty. I don't want to put it on Romeo taking them because it's not his responsibility to do that. Tae is gone before be with Seona taking her to his mother's to go handle his businesses."