32

Shantey was the young girl that dreamt of her father being grimy and some drug addict because it helped her wrap her mind around the fact her father left out of of her life

Shantey was the young girl that dreamt of her father being grimy and some drug addict because it helped her wrap her mind around the fact her father left out of of her life. But after decades and to be bombarded with a well groomed man that happens to be her father, it was worse for her than it being the opposite of what she expected.

Golden tan skin tone and shiny jet black hair that was cut neat and curly and he had height on him. The living room was awkwardly quiet with Tae sitting ahead of Calea and her father, Pedro Peña. Shantey invited the two inside, woke up her husband, and decided to leave the three downstairs to clean herself off and shower while getting her mind in order to face her father.

"So," Tae cleared his throat. "Would y'all like som' to drink? I know it's hella early. But..."

Calea and Pedro respectfully declined.

"Cool, cool."

Tae clasped his hands together, nodding and looking off to the side. He begged mentally for his wife to hurry up to kill the awkwardness.

Then Tae had a question for Calea. "Did you know she was your sister when I met you for her birthday?"

"No. I've always known about Shantey but I didn't know it was her party." Calea explained, "Anicia, I've known her since I got in the entertainment industry, DJing. I only knew it was her party when I seen you there because I knew you were her husband."

Creases formed between his eyebrows in confusion. "So why not tell her that night? You could've came out and told her you her sister."

"Half-sister." Shantey appeared fresh out the shower and in a Tuff Crowd sweatsuit with her damp hair. She took a seat on the armrest of the couch her husband sat on. He leaned over and rested his body on her.

"My husband asked an excellent question," Shantey wrapped her arm around Tae's shoulder. "Why didn't you tell me that night?"

"I don't know. I-I guess I was scared." Calea admits, "I didn't know how to tell you that I'm your baby sister by our father. It just sounded unfair because you didn't get the chance to have him in your life. But I did."

"I'm not that petty that I would be upset that he was in your life and not mine. That's not your fault." Shantey's gaze looked at Pedro, "It's his."