Chapter Two[EDITED]

Start from the beginning

There was a small, isolated ramen shop you liked to go to. People would avoid it due to its location, but their food was amazing. You felt yourself get a little giddy as you thought about treating yourself to your favorite ramen. You pulled out your phone, and turned on some music for your walk. The shop was only a few blocks away, but you didn't want to hear the outside world. You stuck the earbuds in, and bobbed your head

People passed by you, not giving a second glance to your presence. That was typical. You didn't draw much attention these days. When you were still living with your mother, you put in an effort. She wanted you to be the perfect child, and live out the dreams she never could. She got pregnant very young with you, and had to drop out of the hero course she was in. When you admitted to her that you weren't interested in being a hero, her world came crumbling down. She felt like she had waisted her time on you. Living away from her was the most relief you'd ever felt, but it was lonely. You didn't make friends easily, and didn't want people judging your current lifestyle.

"If it isn't my favorite little bean!" Mr. Emon, the small shop owner threw his arms up as he saw you enter. There was a huge grin on his face as you took the seat at the bar in front of him. There were only three others in the shop, two men in the back corner, and his daughter sitting at the end of the bar closest to the kitchen door.

It was a fairly small place. There was just a bar, and three round tables. Many people got things to-go, but you always liked eating there. Mr. Emon was a sweet man, and his little girl always wanted to show you her new drawings. They were a bit disturbing sometimes, but you tried not to mention that to her. She probably didn't understand what was bad and what wasn't.

"So, what can I get for you today?" He already had some fresh noodles boiling, and poured you a hot cup of tea.

"Thank you," Your voice was quiet as usual, but this place brought a smile to your face. If you considered anyone a friend, it would be Mr. Emon and his family. They accepted anyone, and never seemed to discriminate. "I think I just want something spicy. Maybe pork belly with it?" You shrugged. He could never disappoint you with his food, so you usually gave him free range when it came to your meals.

Peni, his daughter was already skipping over to you so she could sit next to you at the bar. The two men in the corner were quieter now, their conversation having been subsided when you walked in. You tried not to notice, but as you glanced at the little girl, you caught the one with dark hair staring at you. His features caught you off guard. His jaw was a darker, fleshy burnt color, contrasting with the top half of his pale skin. He had black strands falling into his eyes, so you couldn't get a good look at him, but something about him seemed familiar. There was a blonde head of hair in front of him. You couldn't see his expression, but the bright red wings were a dead giveaway. It was Hero Hawks, the man who had come to your rescue last night.

"Look, Miss!" Peni was beside you, pushing her black curls out of her face with one hand, and handing you her newest drawing. "It's my friend! She likes blood!" It was a poorly done drawing of a stick figure girl, with two blonde buns. There was a grey, pointy thing in her hand, with a line going around so it looked like it was attached to her.

"Oh, very nice." Your voice was the same for every situation. Peni had become accustom to it. She couldn't tell if you truly liked it or not, but she assumed you did because you never told her to go away like the kids at school. "What's her name?"

"To-"

"Here you go, bean!" Mr. Emon cut his daughter off, setting the bowl in front of you. "Eat up before it gets cold. Peni, would you like some dessert now?" The little girl was now successfully distracted from talking about her drawings, and too focused on getting some ice cream.