Chapter Seven [EDITED]

(future author here. hello. this is an update, but not much was changed about this chapter. a few more descriptors and stuff was added, but thats about it. carry on and be kind dudes.)

~

The weather wasn't too cold, the Fall semester having only been on it's second day of classes. Again you were wearing a sweater and puffy coat. The air wasn't too chill yet, but you wanted to feel more covered. Hidden from anyone who could be looking. You subconsciously rubbed your wrist, remembering the nightmare you had the night before. Marks from the past were still present there, constantly reminding you that it wasn't just a reoccurring dream.

A sigh left you as you neared the campus. Other students bustled about, none taking notice of you as they rushed past to make it to class on time. Your first class was Mythology in place of your English Literature course. Not many students took it, so in total there were about fifteen other students besides you. You claimed a seat close to the back of the large room where the other students seemed to be avoiding. Most of them wanted to sit near the front, or scatter about in the middle of the room. You and one other student were placed in the back.

In your peripheral, you took in the student a few seats over from you. He had dark purple, almost black hair, and wore some thinly framed glasses. There was an uncomfortable, awkward air to him. He tugged the sleeves of his black cardigan over his fingers, and stared down at the unopened textbook in front of him. It took a moment of analyzing, but it was one of the boys from the coffee shop last night. He had come in with the talkative blonde and the girl with blueish hair.

Any other person would have probably tried to talk to him, seeing how uncomfortable and scared he looked, but you turned back towards the front of the class. The energy it would have taken to socialize with someone wasn't present this early in the morning, and he didn't seem like he wanted to be bothered anyways.Thankfully you didn't have to think about it too much before the professor showed up.

Classes were static. They all felt the same, but with different students. It was nothing but introductions, and handing out the semester syllabus. Everyone in your classes were socializing, buzzing about and making friends, but you stayed quiet in every single one of them. You didn't even try to make eye contact, not even with the teacher. That same boy with the dark hair was in a few more of your classes, and he had the same exact attitude as you did. His eyes stayed down, either taking miscellaneous notes or just staring at the desk. As the last class of the day came to an end, you stood from your seat after everyone else. The lack of sleep and restlessness was hitting you hard.

A small yawn escaped you as you moved towards the front of the room to exit. Most everyone had left, but there was the quiet boy at the front conversing with the teacher. She had a stoic expression, and arms crossed in front of her. Whatever he was saying, she didn't care much about, but he on the other hand looked terrified. The look could have been due to it being his senior year, and trying to get on the teachers good side. You gave it a shrug, figuring it was personal, and continued off campus. Minding your own business had avoided trouble thus far.

Hawks had given you his address, but there were nerves building inside. There was no reason he should have helped you so easily, but he did with almost no hesitation. Who was to say he wasn't planning something malicious? The anxiety was creeping up your chest, gripping at your heart that was beating recklessly.

But he saved you.

He tended to your lip when that ass hole tripped you. Maybe it was okay to be friends with someone, just this once. That was a comforting thought at least. Trust never came naturally to you. People had done nothing but shown their monstrous sides. Even though Hawks was outwardly cocky and selfish, he came through the few times you'd needed him. Without even realizing, you had began to walk in the direction of the street name he'd given you.