Chapter Eight [EDITED]

(i'm taking out all the old author notes for the intro's if you couldn't tell, except for the TW. those are important)

Ah, TW: mentions of DID and Dissociative Amnesia.

~

"Keigo?" Toya slowly approached his friend after school, when the two of them were back in their assigned rooms. Hawks looked up, surprised that the usually quiet boy had used his name. "What happened to Y/N? She's been gone for about a week." Toya seemed to be the only one to notice it had been a week since you'd been at school, and he had begun to worry.

Hawks expression didn't change. He kept the same, surprised look. "Oh, I'm not sure," he lied. "Has she really been gone all week?" The blonde turned his attention back to his textbook, scribbling a few answers onto his homework. He promised he would keep it between the two of you, even if that meant lying to Toya.

Had he really not noticed your absence? Toya couldn't stop thinking about you. The three of you had grown close in just a short span of two weeks. Sure, you didn't talk much, but he liked when he was able to make you smile. He liked when you would let out a little laugh, and then catch yourself and try to stifle it. There was a part of you, that reminded Toya of himself. When you caught yourself showing too much emotion, you shut off. He knew that meant you either had a parent or sibling that demeaned your feelings. That's exactly how he felt around his father.

Instead of prodding Hawks further, he went and sat at his own desk across the tiny room. Homework was littering the top of it, but he couldn't focus. He just kept imagining the worst possible scenarios of where you'd gone. If Toya knew anything, it was that the commission could have a hand in this. They controlled quirks that needed perfecting, and no one even knew what your quirk was. None of the students in your class had seen it. They only knew it made your hair turn white. Toya was intrigued by that, because his hair had too been paling at an accelerated rate. Although his was due to stress, it still felt comforting knowing there was someone similar to him.

"Do you really miss her?"

Hawks voice from across the room caused Toya to jump. He turned, and the blonde was already watching him. There was a worried look in Hawks' eyes, causing Toya to frown.

"I do..." The quiet boy didn't want to admit it because feeling these emotions made him feel weak. His father would have belittled him, and told him to man up if he ever presented such worry. "Do you know where she is?" He couldn't stop himself from asking. If Keigo knew where you were, why wasn't he saying anything? The two boys entrusted each other with a lot in the past month, so why was this so hard for his friend to talk about?

Hawks chewed down on his bottom lip as he weighed the consequences of telling Toya. You had slowly opened up to Hawks more as the two weeks played by. You mentioned your mother briefly, and how she was pulling you out of school. There was a facility that housed children with dangerous quirks, and "helped" them learn to control it. From what he could gather, that's where you were headed. Where this building was exactly, well, that was another mystery. Him and Toya didn't have a lot of free time. Very rarely were they allowed to be anywhere but here and school. Sometimes they got the opportunity to stop by a few shops, but that was it. If either of them wanted to search for you, it would take a lot of planning and prodding towards the higher ups.

"Not exactly." Hawks looked up at Toya again, pain lingering behind his eyes. "But I'm sure she's in a similar position as us."

Across the country, you were staring off into a blank wall. Images played in your mind, almost able to project themselves onto the steel in front of you. A week had passed since you last saw Hawks and Toya, and you found yourself missing the boys more than you could have imagined. Both of them had introduced new and fun things to you. They were quirky, and stood out against the cookie cutter, wanna-be heroes that joined UA.