spotlight // 43

It seemed that Sebastian wasn't kidding when he said the work wasn't done yet, they may have finished the season but being a Formula One driver was a full-time job. If he wasn't working at the factory, it was some sort of appearances, interview or charity ball.

Sebastian was used to this, it was his fifth year in F1 after all, but Darcey wasn't so used to the busy lifestyle. She now understood why Sebastian choose to live in the Swiss Alps for the rest of the year, to vanish for a little bit.

That doesn't mean to say that Darcey wishes it to be over, to walk with Sebastian side by side and watch him as he stands in the spotlight.

Every time Sebastian walked out on stage and gave a silly little speech, Darcey's heart filled with an immense sense of pride. This was the man she fell in love with, and watching Sebastian receive the praise he deserved for all he's achieved, made it all worth it.

But if there's one thing Sebastian Vettel wasn't good at - it was wrapping presents. Their Christmas break had just begun, when Darcey discovered this the hard way. Walking into the office to find ripped wrapping paper scattered all over the floor, and one very stressed F1 driver.

You'd think a man with such control and precision, would be able to cut and fold some paper but no. Darcey had to hold in her laughter as she entered the room, approaching Sebastian who looked as if he was ready to throw the gift out the window.

"Everything okay in here, Seb?" Darcey asked, trying to ignore the mess surrounding them.

"Oh yeah, everything's great" Sebastian smiled, acting as if he wasn't about to drop kick the box in his hand. "Just trying to get everything ready for Christmas"

"I see, want some help?" Darcey grinned, walking over to Sebastian now who sighed as both stood staring at the mess he had created.

"Yeah, some help would be good" Sebastian nodded, "I'm not very good at this stuff"

"You don't say" Darcey laughed, not able to hold it in any longer, "I didn't think it was possible for someone to suck so badly at wrapping, but here you are."

"Hey, that's nice" Sebastian cried, folding his arms in mock offence at Darcey's comments.

"And neither is what you did to poor Rudolph over there" Darcey gestured over to the torn-up gift wrap behind him. Sebastian glanced at it seeing how much he needed help after all.

Then in less than an hour, Darcey had managed to wrap up all the present - with Sebastian's help of course. Sebastian smiled as he thought about how much joy Darcey had brought into his life, and how excited he was to spend their first Christmas together as a couple.

"Thank you" Sebastian beamed, as Darcey placed the last gift to the side while he wrapped his arms around her back. Darcey closed her eyes as she took in his manly scent which she loved so much.

"How did you ever survive without me, hey?" Darcey laughed, as she turned around to face him.

"I'm not too sure, to be honest," Sebastian smirked, "Maybe Britta needs a pay rise next year"

"Maybe" Darcey chuckled, as she imagined what the poor women must've been through with this hopeless idiot.

But no matter how stupid and annoying Sebastian can be at times, his heart was always in the right place. The truth is Darcey doesn't know where she'd be right now if it wasn't for Sebastian, from day one he was there for her. Being her saviour to guide her through the storm and for that she'll be forever thankful.

They had just settled down on the couch, Darcey fell back into her normal position of resting her head on Seb's lap. She took a relaxing breath as his fingers trailed the back of her head, finding all the loose strands and tucking them in behind her ears. Just as the open credits of Love Actually began to play, Sebastian's phone buzzed from beside him.