Chapter Twenty-Six : Dinner with the Prince and Duchess

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, Wills," she smiled up at him as he took her coat from her and hung it up as he held her hand and led her in further into his Pa's room.

It was beautiful.  There were intricate, delicate designs all the way up the ceiling.  The colour was a powder blue and they had different pictures on the walls and furniture of the family and different places.  

"Hello, dear," Charles greeted the young blonde with kisses on both cheeks and Camilla did the same.

"Hello, it's lovely to see you both again," Evelyn told the couple with a smile on her face.

"Well its about time William didn't hog you all to himself," Charles joked.

"What can I say?  She's irresistible.  I have to have her to myself."

"Okay you two," Camilla put an end to their joking banter.  "Let's get ready for dinner, shall we?"

The father-son duo smiled at each other as Evelyn saw Charles' apples of his cheeks turn a rosy colour.  They headed into the room and sat down at the dinner table that was a nice dark wood.  They had started out with a hearts of romaine caesar salad with garlic croutons and parmesan cheese then moved onto the main course which was herb grilled chicken.  They all had either wine or champagne with water on the side.  Evelyn loved the meal they provided and happily ate it as their was conversation going round the table.

"We all loved your gifts for the holiday," Charles told the blonde.  "You didn't have to get me anything but I very much appreciated the hunting book."

"And I loved my present as well," Camilla told her with a smile.

"So, Evelyn, please tell us about your family," Charles asks the young girl who was dating his son as they were eating their caesar salad.

They had briefly met her family when they were at the concert but they weren't able to really talk to them much at all.  At the first meeting they had thought they were all lovely and well respected.  

"Well," Evelyn started to get nervous as William placed an encouraging on her hand.  "My father is the owner of his own company Bennett & Co. and my mum is technically retired now.  My sister Vivienne is a midwife, my brother Eric is in the military and that is actually how William and I met was through him.  My brother Jake has two twin boys - Samuel and David and a fiancé, Mia.  Sorry, it's a lot - " she started to apologise.

Whilst she was rambling on about her family life - William was rubbing her knee but she couldn't tell if it was for reassurance or for comfort.  Though it could be both.

"Oh heaven's no," Charles laughed lightly.  "A big family, yes.  But the more the merrier.  You have two more brothers, correct?"

"Yes, Noah and Theo.  Theo is an actor and Noah is a photographer taking family portraits and does wedding photography."

"Well, they seem lovely dear," Camilla joined in with a smile gracing her features.  "We would love to meet them properly sometime."

"They would like that as well."

William sent his girlfriend a playful smirk and patted her knee before bringing his hand back to his lap.

"What's been your favourite place you've been to on one of your tours?" Evelyn asked wanting to get to know more about the husband and wife.

"Well, we've been to so many wonderful places, haven't we dear?" The prince asked his wife.

"Oh yes," Camilla told the blonde.  "We both have different favourites.  Mine would be Australia.  The people are so warm and welcoming and it's such a beautiful country."

"Mine would have to Scotland.  It's also where we often go on holidays.  A place I go to get away from all of this," he looked around his room as a sigh escaped his lips.

"I have a friend from Scotland," Evelyn told him.

"Really?  And does she live here?"

"She does," Evelyn nodded her head.  "Her name is Ivy Morton."

"Which does she prefer?  Here or there?"

"Scotland will always be her home but she loves it here."

*

"So, was it as bad as you had imagined?" Will's asked later that night as they were in his room and he was drawing circles on her him as she leaned into him.

"All right," she let out a huff knowing he was gloating.  "You were right and I was wrong.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be."

"I'm sorry, what?" he asked in a joking manner.

"Shut up," she joked back pushing his shoulder slightly making him laugh.

"You know you aren't the only one who has good ideas in this relationship."

"I know that.  I never said that - you have plenty of good ones!"

"Good.  Glad we acknowledged that I'm the better one of us two."

"Hey," she cried out.  "That's not fair and you know it."

"All right, all right," he waved a hand.  "You win.  Geez woman, keep me on my toes.  Now gimme a kiss."

Evelyn laughed into the kiss which didn't really last very long but neither seemed to mind.  Evelyn was laying with her back on the mattress as William had his head on her chest and he pretended to sleep.  She ran her fingers through his blonde strands of hair in a soothing way.  Evelyn cherished these times with William.  The simple ones where there was hardly anyone around and it was just the two of them.  Not having to go anywhere or worry about what they were doing. 

They could be who they wanted to be.

They both knew that the time was soon when they would come out to the world and show their romance for the public - but that time wasn't now.  Now they were cherishing their moments they got with each other.

"You know," Evelyn spoke quietly after they lay in a comfortable silence.  "We should do that though.  Have both families really meet each other."

"I agree," he nodded his head and lowered it to kiss her chest.  "It would be nice to have them all come together instead of running around like little ducklings over at the concert.  How about we discuss with both our parents on when a good time would be for them?"

"Sounds good to me."

--

i wasn't super motivated to write this chapter but i hope you guys enjoyed nonetheless.  i start back to work on the 5th of january so i may or may not be able to update as much.

i hope you all are doing well.

thoughts?