Chapter Twenty : the next day

Evelyn could hear the birds chirping outside their room and whilst she normally didn't mind it but she hadn't gotten much sleep from the night before.  After the reception, they went to their apartment and got lost in each other as they spent the night having sex, talking and eating ice cream.  

It was the perfect night to finish off their day.

Many of their friends when having gotten married they would then have an after party at a club or pub but Evelyn knew too many times that nothing good ever came from that and so they had decided as a couple that they wouldn't do that.  

She propped her head up as she squinted her eyes and looked at the alarm clock which read five in the morning and she went right back to sleep as she cuddled closer to her husband as he was the big spoon.

*

It felt like it was much later in the day when Evelyn woke up again.  This time more refreshed and not as tired from earlier when she woke.  She made her way into the washroom as she did her morning routine and that was when she noticed the hickey's from the night before.  Over the years, she had become a pro at covering them, since watching YouTube videos and getting tips from Carlene recently has helped.  

When he first put hickey's on her early on in their relationship, she got pissed, now she was just used to it and it really didn't bother her much.  But she felt the need to cover them up because the press would have a field day if they saw her covered in them.  

Today started the first day of her new life with William and she would be lying if she didn't admit she were a bit nervous.

She started off with her primer first and then put on a green colour correct concealer on the spots.  After she was done with that she got her full coverage foundation along with her powder to finish it off.  She knew that once they left their apartment, there would be photographers to catch a glimpse of the newlywed's.  

They had the option of staying at Buckingham Palace, but they decided against it, thanking the Queen immensely.  Not just for the invitation to stay at her home, but for everything she had done for the couple leading up to the wedding.  William and Evelyn had already decided that they were going to buy her another corgi as a thank you present once they got settled in their new home.  

"It's moving day," she exclaimed as she was excited to move out of their apartment.

It had been nice living here, beautiful in fact.  London was home to Evelyn as it had been the city she was born in.  But she was ready to be a home owner with William in a smaller town.  The home they bought was gorgeous and whilst they asked their guests not to give them wedding gifts, a few of them did that would help them when they moved into their new home.  Yolanda and David graciously gifted her a book on healthy eating which she has been interested in lately and growing her own fruit and herbs.  She also had bought them some throw blankets and some candles from her favourite brand.  Their children had gifted Evelyn with some paint and some mini canvas' to paint.  Yolanda had sent her an updated picture of her wall full of the canvas' and Evelyn had shown interest in painting.  The couple had accepted the gifts and thanked her tremendously as they made sure within the next few days to send out thank you cards.  It was mainly their close friends who had gifted them things and Ivy gifted her lingerie that would be put to good use.  

Everything was all packed already and had already been shipped to their new home so that they would have it there, except for their wedding gifts, which they were using a moving van for since their family wouldn't be coming just yet.  They wanted William and Evelyn to settle in and go on their honeymoon before coming over which the couple was fine with.