scene one: you are my hyung!

"Oi Chan!"

Chan's head whipped around in confusion only to meet the familiar bright smile and sparkling freckles of his dear aussie cousin Felix.

"What's up mate?" Chan greeted back, walking toward his cousin who was sitting behind the front desk of Busan Medical Center. 

He knew his cousin had gotten an exciting job as a helper at the hospital, but he forgot how big the grim institution was.

"Ah, you know, same old same old," Felix sighed as he placed a few random files back into a filing cabinet. "Just filing medical documents and checking in on patients. What about you?"

"Enjoying the first few weeks of summer," Chan responded dryly as he pushed back his soft blond hair and looked around the bleak white walls of the hospital filled with carts of different medical instruments and nurses and doctors bustling around in their scrubs and medical coats.

"You've been racing again, haven't you?" Felix asked with a coy smile. 

He knew of his cousin's passion for motorcycle racing despite it being an illegal gambling practice, but he didn't really think much of it often. 

Chan does what he wants afterall.

"Yeah," Chan admitted, but he didn't really seem to care. 

His personality was cold and distant and only Felix and his good friend Minho could stand him. 

"I'll treat you to tteokbokki sometime soon, I just got a ton for one race."

Felix sighed and rolled his eyes. 

Truthfully, he wasn't the biggest fan of his cousin's reckless hobby. 

Afterall, it is dangerous, but Felix knew it was the only thing that Chan really enjoyed in life.

 He couldn't recall a time when his cousin didn't exude a tough and "bad boy" aura as it came naturally to Chan. 

Even as a toddler, Chan wore only black clothes and blew bubbles out of his chewing gum before spitting it out on the playground turf like the rebel he was.

"Felix!" Both Australians turned their heads to see a short female nurse call at Felix. "Can you check on patient 325? It's time for his medication."

"Ok noona," Felix nodded. "I'm on it."

The nurse nodded and quickly walked off after taking a stack of binders off the front desk, completely ignoring Chan's presence as she was distracted by whatever urgent task she was dealt with.

"Come on cuz'," Felix motioned for Chan to walk with him as he quickly paced down the long narrow corridor to the left of his desk. 

Chan was right behind him and walked with an intimidating stare, making every nurse who passed by take a second glance to reassure themselves that they actually saw this man. 

It's not everyday you see a guy with a leather jacket and combat boots paired with an otherwise normal outfit -- a white t-shirt and black skinny jeans -- in a hospital.

"I know you're a self-proclaimed rebel," Felix mocked and paired the last word with finger quotes. "But couldn't you at least wear something less threatening."

Chan scoffed as Felix finally entered a room and took out a small pill container from one of the medicine cabinets before taking two of the pills out and placing them in a small paper cup.

"Usually I wouldn't let you meet one of the patients I have to check in on," Felix said. "But this one's a real sweetie so as long as you don't scare him, you're allowed to come."