scene twenty: tears and static

"Jeongin, wake up!"

Jeongin jolted up in shock, gasping and panting. 

He was met with the sight of Chan's concerned face and he immediately collapsed into his chest, trying to hold back his tears. 

He felt Chan's finger pull him close and soothingly rub circles into his back.

"It's ok to cry, Innie," He heard Chan whisper. 

At that point, he gave in and began to sob into Chan's shirt, effectively dappening it.

"What's wrong?" Chan asked softly.

"I-I'm so s-scared," Jeongin sobbed in Chan's white shirt.

"Oh, Innie," Chan gasped and held Jeongin tighter. "It's gonna be ok. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise. I'll be here with you no matter what, ok?"

"Ok," Jeongin sniffled, nodding his head. 

Chan let him cry for a bit longer, whispering sweet nothings into his ear to calm him, before Jeongin began to calm down, although his eyes remained red and puffy.

Chan reached over Jeongin to get a tissue from the box next to the bed and lightly dabbed it on the younger boy's pale face to dry his tears.

"Do you feel a bit better now, baby?" Chan asked, trying to hold as much warmth in his voice as possible. 

He couldn't stand seeing his boyfriend upset.

"Yeah," Jeongin mustered a smile and looked up at Chan. "Thanks, Channie."

"Always," Chan smiled back at him and gave him a sweet kiss.

"Wow, this is not what I wanted to see this morning."

Hyunjin and Seungmin stood in the doorway with both slightly disgusted expressions as the affection was naturally nauseating to them both. 

Seungmin because he did not like affection and Hyunjin because he was still chasing after Seungmin.

"Ever heard of knocking," Chan groaned as he attempted to shield them out by covering himself and Jeongin with the covers again. 

Jeongin giggled and continued to snuggle into Chan's side.

"We didn't feel like it," Hyunjin scoffed and barged into the room with Seungmin following.

"You're in a bitter mood today," Chan commented as he regretfully sat up a bit, but made sure to keep Jeongin's head resting on his chest. "Shouldn't you be more happy? Racing season is back in session."

"I guess," Hyunjin shrugged. "My motor is blown out though and Minho hyung said it's going to take a while to fix. I'm out for the whole week."

"What do you mean?" Seungmin asked, confused as he was not aware of their racing backgrounds. 

Jeongin, however, was aware and just listened to them talk about it casually.

"We do underground motorcycle racing," Chan responded. "Hyunjin usually races in Seoul, but he's racing here again for the season."

"There's underground racing in Seoul?" Seungmin questioned, a bit surprised.

"Oh yeah, it's huge," Chan replied. "Seoul has some of the biggest crowds. Hyunjin is usually among the top riders there, but he's been sent here to compete on behalf of the Seoul circuit."