𝑿𝑰𝑰

I was in ATEEZ's dorm, cleaning my room alone. It's been two weeks since I lost both Mark and mom. ATEEZ helped me to move on, they were with me all the time, reassuring me. We've tried to attack one of the XV gangs, but unfortunately failed to do so... Turns out Seonghwa has to kill Kim Mingyu, the chief of the XV gang.

He's the most dangerous one out there and speaking of killing him doesn't sound easy one bit. ATEEZ were made into vampires so that they could fight the XVs.

Fortunately, we were able to locate where they are hiding. We want to catch them off-guard. Just like I'm helping ATEEZ, Aisha seems to be doing the same job for the XVs. But the death of people keeps on increasing... means we have to be quick.

One thing that shocked me the most is when ATEEZ told me the whole story. The day when Seonghwa and I kissed... Hongjoong was there with the XVs, playing the role of our secret weapon. He joined the XVs to gain information secretly. This gave me goosebumps to be honest.

Of course, leader Hongjoong is indeed the best and amazing ☆

" You're still cleaning ? ", Seonghwa speaks, entering my room. " I'm done cleaning the floor ", he added, holding up a lint roller in his hands, smiling in satisfaction.

" Well I'm cleaning the whole room, not just the floor ", I stick out my tongue, teasing him as he laughs.

" Let me help you "

He took the books that I was holding in my hands.

" You're short, you won't be able to reach this high ", he winked, placing the books on the top row of the shelf as I pout.

" Are you making fun of my height ? ", I say, opening my mouth in a dramatic gasp. " You're so dramatic ", he laughed, loving my sense of humour.

20:09

The evening has come, our time to be active in the night. Tonight, we are going to attack the XVs.

" Let's do good guys, last time I couldn't eat my chicken because of y'all ", Yeosang speaks, putting on a bulletproof jacket, in case someone stabs him with some weapons.

" Aera, wear mine ", Seonghwa looks at me, ready to put the bulletproof jacket on me when I stop him.

" What about you ? I'll be fine ", I say and he shakes his head in denial.
" This jacket is the last one we got, I can't put myself at ease knowing you didn't wear one ", he extended my arms to the side, putting the jacket around me.

He's so kind... but I'm worried about seeing him without a jacket...

" I'll be fine baby, don't worry "

After getting ready, we headed outside and drove to their secret spot, an old abandoned tunnel. It was banned by the government, stating cases of serial killers living there and stuff.

But I'm pretty sure the XVs killed them to gain their property so...

I looked at Seonghwa beside me and could notice he was nervous. It was my first time seeing him like this. I wouldn't lie but I felt the same way. A human helping a bunch of vampires just to bring justice by killing the XVs is not quite a scene, plus they're immortal but we're family and I'll be by their side no matter what.

" We're here ", Jongho speaks, parking the car under a tree so that no one would spot us. We all silently get out and took a deep breath. " We can do this guys, there's no room for defeat. ", Hongjoong whisper to us, giving us a gun filled with silver bullets. We were all armed with bombs and knives.

" Be careful when you aim, it'll be bad if we run out of bullets "

" What if we fail.. ", San speaks, clearly nervous. " We won't, let's just go for it. We can do this together ", Hongjoong replies and they all nod. " San, Mingi, Wooyoung and Jongho stay with Aera, us four will go the other way to find Mingyu ", Seonghwa said, looking at me one last time and heading into the tunnel in a flash, Hongjoong, Yeosang and Yunho following him from behind.

HONGJOONG POV

My heart was beating in my ears as I followed Seonghwa, who was leading the way. We were walking silently, when we decided to separate ways. I went to the other side when suddenly a cold hand was on my mouth and dragged me somewhere.

" M-Master.. "

" Hey there Hongjoong "

Mingyu was in front of me, looking at me with his pure red eyes. " You're in their team I see ", he spoke, looking around the forest, trying to spot ATEEZ as I swallowed down my saliva in fear. I wanted to send help by telepathy but Mingyu could read my mind too...

" T-That's not true M-Master ", I stutter and he approaches me, looking directly through my soul.

" If you're not.. bring the girl to me ", he said, catching me off-guard. My eyes widen and my mouth slightly opens in shock.

I can't do that...

" And if you don't, say bye-bye to your team ", he added, smirking and walking backwards until he disappeared from my sight.

I look down as I clenched my fists in anger. What do I do...

AERA POV

We were finally in the building after cutting down some of the Ex-Vampires outside the building. We could suddenly hear footsteps. Without wasting time, we entered a small empty room and waited till the footsteps faded away.

" We have to find Aisha, she's the one who's controlling the XVs with Mingyu ", Jongho whispers.

" I hope it won't be difficult for us to kill her.. ", San mumbles when they all look at me. They're right I guess... Aisha did change after being bitten.

After hearing nothing but silence, we got out and went to the room where Aisha normally stays in. I came in front and slowly turned the doorknob, my hands suddenly sweaty and my heart beating loudly. To our surprise the room was empty. We were glad not to be welcomed with a sudden attack but were nervous at the same time, thinking she might attack us anytime.

" Don't move ", a female voice suddenly spoke and I felt a cold sharp knife against my neck.

" Aisha put the knife down ", she scoffed at Wooyoung's comment, pressing the knife even more on my skin. Without warning, I quickly took out a knife from my pocket and stabbed her in the leg. She fell on the floor with a loud grunt, holding her leg in pain.

" We have to kill her ", Jongho sighs as I hold up the gun in my hand. I'll do it. I walk towards Aisha and lined the gun on her forehead.

" ...Your parents were XVs that very night, they could've killed you. All ATEEZ did was to save you... you don't deserve for being like this. ", I started as her eyes were suddenly filled with sadness, accepting her fate to die. Tears were running down my cheeks as my hands trembled. I still loved her as my best friend, like my sister...

"Goodbye ", I add, closing my eyes when a sudden loud noise of the gun echoed in the whole building. I looked at my hand and back at Aisha's dead body. But I didn't pull the trigger... Aisha laid on the floor, a gun in her hand as blood oozed out of her head...