𝑰𝑿

We follow the sound and were shocked and perplexed when we found out from whom the phone was ringing...

" Hongjoong ? ", I speak as he looks at me. I could see that even he was surprised his phone rang, adding that he never met or knew this man. Who is that guy ?

The more closer he came to us, the more I could notice his features. He was tall, a bit old with broad shoulders and had a short beard, his skin pale as well. I notice ATEEZ slightly tense seeing him. To be honest, I'm so confused right now.

The man didn't speak out any words and simply gave Hongjoong a type of list of names.

" I want you to take action ", the man added and ATEEZ nodded. I tried to peek at the paper in the corner of my eye when it landed on a familiar name... Mary Kim and Seyun Kim. These are the names of Aisha's parents... their names were crossed with a red pen and the date was beside it.. it was today...

I started sweating in fear. My heart started beating so fast that I could hear it in my ear. " Aera ? ", Seonghwa calls out my name as I look at him with a terrified look.

" You k-killed her parents... ? ", I stutter, pointing at their names on the list. They all shake their head as soon as they got my message, saying that this paper was not theirs. Are they... evil ? Did they trick me ?

" We wouldn't do that ", Jongho said, holding my arm. As I was busy wrecking my brain for an answer, the old man disappeared from our sight in an instant.

" Then why is there a list containing her parents' names? ", I ask.

No response...

A huge wave of sadness came across me as I turn around and ran away, not looking back even once. I could still hear them calling my name but I didn't care... I went inside my house and ran to my room. I close the door, leaning my back against it as I closed my eyes, tears falling non-stop.

I was so filled with anger and perplexion.

AISHA POV

The police made me sit on a chair and started throwing questions at me. I couldn't focus. Instead, I just looked away, thinking deeply in my thoughts.

My parents... our memories... their sudden death...

I eavesdropped on Aera's conversation with ATEEZ. What are they talking about ? I'm pretty sure I heard my parents. Suspicious of them, I turn around and saw ATEEZ, Aera's back facing me.

" Miss ? ", the police officer calls out my name and I look at him, distracted.

" Uhm sorry but I don't have time for this ", I say while getting up as he looks at me confused. Without saying anything, I head away. I still have some money, I can afford a room at a motel. I made sure ATEEZ couldn't see me, because I didn't want them to know where I'm going.

And for Aera... I don't want to burden her...

" Aera ! Come back ! "

I turn around and heard ATEEZ calling out Aera's name. Where is she ? I looked at the members and saw them sighing, looking down. What was weird was that an unknown tall man was beside them...

What are they hiding from me ?

AERA POV, THE NEXT MORNING

I woke up to the sound of the alarm ringing loudly. Keeping my eyes closed, I turn off the alarm. It's been days since Mark and mom didn't come home... I miss them so much... I hope they're doing alright at work. I wonder what they're doing so long at work. Do they have tons of paper to fill that needs days to finish ?

" I sense that something's wrong.. ", I speak, quickly taking my phone and dialling Mark's number.

" Oh hey Aera ! ", my brother greeted, with an unusual voice.

" Hey Mark, how's work ? ", I ask him when I suddenly heard noises in the background.

" Oh, work's fine. Just got a ton of paper works ", he chuckled as the noise got louder. This doesn't feel right.. he's lying

" Where are you ? ", I whisper to him and he clears his throat, clearly nervous.

Due to the noises behind him, it's obvious there's someone around him, ordering him what to say.

" Help us... we're at the nearby river... in a camp... ", he said.

I suddenly heard something.. like a slap. " WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY ?! ", a man yells.

" HE JUST TOLD HER TO TAKE CARE. DON'T HIT HIM PLEASE ! "

Mom's voice... I couldn't talk as I silently started crying, my heart beating out of my chest. How could this happen ? Out of nowhere, the phone hung up, and complete silence filled my room... I need to save them, no matter what.

I get up from my bed and got ready. I took my silencer gun, a shiv and wore some black jeans and a jacket. Without wasting time, I head to the river. So many things are happening, first ATEEZ... and now my family...

After minutes of non-stop running, I reached the river. I look around and caught sight of a dense forest. Without wasting time, I went inside the forest. Even though it was still morning, everywhere was a bit dim due to the tall trees covering the sky.

A few minutes after, I noticed a camp. I guess it's the camp where they're hiding Mark and mom... My heart was beating quickly as I gulped down my saliva in nervousness. Even though I was shaking, I needed to stay strong. My mind was blank, only thinking about my family... I slowly run towards a tree to hide and peeked at the place, observing which place I should attack first.

" There's too much.. ", I whisper to myself as I look around the camp, full of men guarding the entrance. They do sound scary and well-built.

I was about to approach the camp silently when I heard a truck coming from the other side. I crouched and peeked at the vehicle as it parked right in front of the camp.

" Leave me !! ", the voice of my mom screamed, her voice followed by Marks as the two men put them inside the truck. The scream of wanting to get out filled the forest as I stayed there in terror. I need to think of a plan fast. A man gets out of the car, wearing a black suit and black sunglasses. He approached one of the guards and said, " I'm taking them somewhere else... if you spot the girl here, kill her without delay "

As they were talking, I silently creep towards the truck and hide in the cargo bed, the back of the truck. Hope no one catches me... I could see Mark and mom were blindfolded and their mouths sealed with tape.

" I will Sir, everything will go as planned "

" I hope so. Goodbye ", the man says and entered the truck. Soon after, the truck started driving towards an unknown place. Making sure, they don't see me through the rearview, I carefully look around the forest. It seems like it'll take a while for us to reach the place...

Time for me to make a move...