Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

We had just entered the village of Angiers, the journey hadn't had any incidents happen like the last time. The car pulled up next to a rural looking village. In the distance all I could see was green fields, which meant this was the only civilisation for probably miles.

The whole village smelled of animal shit. Lisa directed me to a house opposite were we had pulled up. It was decent enough. It had two floors, with the bottom one having a toilet a living room and a kitchen.

I walked around the house eventually entering the kitchen. It had marble tiles lining the floor and they were a cold; a relief from the scorching heat outside.

Next I went into the living room where a 58' inch Panasonic tv was just standing there waiting to be used. I was only 19 at the time and I was really into gadgets and stuff, I was even studying computer sciences at sixth form before this all kicked off.

"Oww." I yelled as a sharp punch on the soldier knocked me out of my thoughts.

"Don't you wanna see your new room?" Lisa asked sarcastically.

"Nah you don't say!" I replied before smacking my teeth loudly at her.

The room stunk! It stunk so bad my vision went blurry. The room just really stunk. "Are you out of your mind why do I have to sleep in this bloody shithole?"

"Calm down." Lisa said gesturing with her hands. "If you actually stopped being bitchy then maybe I could tell you what the smell is."

Holding my nose very tightly I stepped into the room and past the bed. There was clothes everywhere and also there was beer cans scattered all over the place, none of them empty.

"Meet sir stinkalot" Lisa said in a joking manner, and I laughed heartily at her joke.

I stopped laughing when I saw whet Lisa's hand was pointed to and I realised it was a man. A man with an impossibly dirty beard, a 'white' vest, almost no teeth and a huge beer belly. I mean 90% of the guys body was his beer belly.

"Oi lad 'ow are ya. Come on son gimme an 'andshake will ya."

I stepped up towards him and the smell became unbearable. Out of politeness I tried not to make it obvious, but that was impossible. I grabbed his sweat soak hand and gave him a firm handshake.

"Lovely jubbley!" He exclaimed and got up from his bed.

I was walking away but he pulled me back and said with a heavy cockney accent "by the way mate you can call me Dev alright?"

"Alright Dev" I responded and hurriedly walked away to get away from the stench. I passed an open door which revealed the bathroom in all its glory.

When I passed it I realised I hadn't taken a piss in almost 5 hours. I walked into the bathroom which really wasn't impressive. It had a small bathtub with all kinds of brown and black stains, then next to it a small sink with two toothbrushes and some toothpastes.

When I looked up from the sink I noticed a cracked up mirror. When I looked in the mirror I noticed that I looked terrible. My hair was a mess and my shirt was torn here and there.

"LISA!" I shouted. I heard her footsteps slowly coming up the stairs.

"Yeah what do want." She said with an attitude.

"Well I didn't get to bring any of my clothes, and the ones that I have look like shit."

She just kissed her teeth, grabbed the car keys and we went.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

She answered "we are going into main Angiers, we are only on the outskirts.

We got into town, and honestly it just looked like any normal English village. I hated shopping so I just bought one more pair of jeans and two shirts. One black and one white.

We went back home after roughly half an hour, and before I got to lie down on the couch I got a light punch on the shoulder.

I followed Lisa to the backyard where I saw a shiny black object on the ground. Immediately I knew what it was, it was a semi automatic pistol.

She handed me the gun and said casually. "You're gonna need this if you wanna survive." Before I could answer she asked.

"Do you know how to use it?" What kind of idiot was she, why would I know how to operate a gun in Britain.

"Course not!" I said defensively.

"Ok." She said "Firstly know that this can take lives so only use it if you ABSOLUTELY need to."

"Yeah I know just teach me." I pleaded.

She guided me through the process of actually loading the gun first. You had to load a fresh magazine then cock the weapon. It was actually quite simple.

Next it came to firing. Lisa tried to wrap her hands around my waist and create some romantic moment, but I pushed her off.

"I swear don't touch me, You're oversized goat feet smelling hands are not suitable for me."

I steadied myself and locked my shoulders while attempting to position myself correctly and fired. The noise was deafening, and the gun recoiled so badly that it dropped out of my hand.

I had fired my first shot out of my gun. I felt like a full blown criminal.

"Is this legal?" I asked Lisa.

"If you say so she said before leaving me in the backyard.

After a few more minutes of practice I went back inside the house and to Dev and I's bedroom I found Dev moping about.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"I just found out dat my bruv is dead"

"Ahh mate" I said trying to comfort him but he wouldn't have it.

"So what was his name?" I asked breaking the awkward silence.

"Sam." He Answered. He continued "He worked with The Jackson Family. He weren't a good 'un doe, he killed a little lad, small time dealer called Mark."

Oh shit!