Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Lisa's POV

I slowly opened my groggy eyes and took in my surroundings. The blinding white walls lead me to think that I was in heaven, but the beep of a nearby machine told me I was in hospital.

I tried to lift my arm; I was stopped immediately by the nurse who rushed over my side. "Please madam rest up now you've lost a lot of blood."

She proceeded to walk out of the room and return five minutes with a doctor.

"Hello Madam, I am Doctor O'connor, and I'm happy to see you're awake. Shortly I will be running a series of tests on you to see the exact condition you are in and whether further action need be taken."

I nodded my head in agreement and lay back as they began to run the tests. Suddenly my head started falling back, but when I looked backwards I saw nothingness.

As I hit the ground everything returned to blackness just as it was before.

Richards POV

I'd been wondering around after my nap. I found out that I was in a small town just off Cuxton. The locals were very talkative, and despite my horrible state had tried to engage in conversations many a time.

Passers by confused me for a homeless man and I was able to buy a bag of crisps. Once my hunger was dealt with I tried to get to my credit card to withdraw some money.

After a considerable amount of searching I found it, and went to the nearest cash point. The sky was clouding up a bit and I sensed that there was going to be a downpour; the weather really brought the mood down.

Minutes later the storm started and I was almost trapped in the shop. The wind was howling so ferociously that if you stepped outside you couldn't be heard.

I made a mad dash for 'my' car. I made in the nick of time as a flash of lightning struck the ground directly behind me. I opened the door rapidly and made for a hasty exit, but not before I saw a wooden shack burst into fire.

Instinctively I drove the car away as fast as I could, but I knew that it was almost my duty to save those in distress.

My Grandfather had lost his life in World War 2 and my father had made it a point to Instil the idea of service to people as a main priority.

In a change of heart, I slammed down on the brakes as hard as I could, causing my to drift and change direction. I now drove full speed towards the fire and hopped out.

Not thinking of my own safety, I jumped into the shack and immediately the overwhelming smell of smoke hit me. I remembered to stay low as I had learned in a science one day.

I reached a point in which there was a sudden drop and found it was a staircase. I had no option, even though the suffocating stench could have killed me I had to focus and try and save those I could. I couldn't tell where the next steps were; the visibility was absolutely near to nothing and I couldn't see In front of me.

As I slowly got lower down the staircase the screams and cries for help were way more audible and even more heart breaking.

This reminded me of the time I lost my best friend in primary school. His name was Alex. We were going on a trip to the London Zoo, and everyone was excited.

After a long bus journey we then had to take a tube and we were there. It was my first time being at a tube station (You have to understand that I was only 6) but Alex had been many times.

I remember vividly how we all cheered when we saw the train in the distance. I also remember the stern warning for us to stay behind the yellow line.

The next thing I remembered was Alex bragging about his experience and how he didn't need to listen to rules. After the ear-piercing scream and the horrific crunching sound the train made, my memory was blank. I guess my brain could not deal with it; the horror, the loss.

From that moment onwards I became distant with my family. I started to skip school and just loiter; what was the point if my best friend wasn't there with me.

I remember for weeks watching my dad watching the news and me locking myself in my bedroom because it was about him.

My Mum and Dad started dropping me to school everyday to make sure I came even though I would resist and resist. I started looking up to the bad boys in Year 6 as they didn't care about school. I started trying to hang out with them, but they said I was just a tiny winy and that I should leave them alone. Unfazed, I continued to pester them until finally they let me join them.

I didn't know they were part of The Jackson Family, which was then called the Jackson Yungas. At the time we're just a street gang who hung out in alleys, corners near dustbins and all of that.

Eventually I ended up being given a Walther P99 pistol, I was only 13.

I used to roam the streets selling drugs and just hanging. Up to now I don't know why I chose that life. All I did was stand around on street corners and sell drugs and look for opps, who were our opposing Gangs.

I got tired of the life and wanted to quit, so one day I went to the main headquarters and said to Mr John Jackson himself, "Ai boss, I'm not doin this ting anymore cuz I'm gone."

With that he got his pistol out of its holster and fired twice, both shots hitting my side.

I was found by a resistance. They were all out to get revenge on The Jackson Family. There I met Lisa and Dev; the rest is history.

Back in reality, I pulled a burning piece of wood to the side and finally made it downstairs. I lifted the lone girl who looked like a pre teen up onto my shoulder and out of the house. When we got out I gently put her on her back and checked if she was conscious. Luckily she was, but when I scrutinised her face more thoroughly, I saw that was I fact my daughter.

Ash's POV

It had been almost two days since I had seen any of the guys and I was getting worried. Especially about Richard.

He had promised to call me when he found out where he was, but he hadn't even made an attempt to contact.

I wanted to play some games to put my mind at rest, so I dug in my pocket for my phone. It wasn't there! I was suddenly very worried; Richard could have called me to tell me he was in danger; he could recaptured.

All these thoughts swirled through my mind at seemingly the speed of light. I watched my duvet last of all after checking drawer after drawer after drawer. Finally I found it, and let out an audible sigh of relief.

I checked my missed called and there it was, the same unknown number he had used to call me the first time.

With my mind racing, I redialled the number, but it went to voicemail. I left a message saying, "Hi Richard it's Ash. Sorry that I missed your call, could you please call me back when you get this."

-----------------------------------------------------

If you are reading this now chapter thirteen is now available. Just sayin.

Thx, pls FOLLOW, COMMENT, VOTE.