Chapter 12

James stared in astonishment at Luke.

"Drowning in the Earth?" He stared at the ground, "But... What?"

"As all you probably knows, you are the child of a god or goddess. You came here looking peace, a better world, where all are not neglected by their parents. You deserve the respect of your parents, and they are not fit to rule this world. They are greedy and they bicker constantly." Luke scowled, "However, Mother Gaia could right it all. The Gods have been here for too long. They don't realize their mistakes. Why am I talking about that? Oh, yeah. You get powers. James, as the son of Poseidon, you get control over water, talking to sea animals and a load of other stuff. Clarke, you..."

"With an e" Clarke grinned, "Son of Zeus, what do I get?"

"That's for you to figure out since you are disrespecting me." Luke finished smoothly.

"What?" Clarke raged, "You tell that sea spawn but leave out me?"

"Careful, Clarke." A voice whispered from the behind him, "You should know who is superior after all."

Clarke whirled around, finding Diana behind her, her wings spread slightly.

"Lady..." Luke bowed.

"No need for formability, Castellan, I understand that Kronos preferred them, but not me. I get straight to business."

Luke gulped and nodded.

"Now, Clarke, should you want to know your powers?" Diana stalked around her, her cape trailing behind her.

Clarke stared at Diana, he couldn't find his words, he opened his mouth but no words came out.

"Well?" Diana stopped, standing behind Clarke, next to Luke.

"I..." Clarke stammered. He was afraid of one person here, Her.

"Lady, how do you drown someone in the Earth?" Morse asked.

"Son of Athena, yes?" Diana snapped her eyes to Morse, who took a step back at her intense gaze.

"Yes, Lady."

"Always so curious, Clarke, I would tell you your powers if you aid me in a demonstration."

CLARKE POV (Did you see that coming?)

I had an inner battle. Should I accept? Drowning was always a fear of mine, perhaps something to do with my immense dislike of water. But I yearned to know my powers.

"I accept, Lady." I swallowed my pride, it was needed, after all.

"Very well." She smirked, her eyes glowed silver for a second and returned to normal.

"Normally, it takes something to help activate your powers, but once you know what it is, everything is easier." Diana lectured the other demigods, leaving me standing there.

She flicked her hands at the ground below me and it suddenly turned soft, my feet were quickly submerged, I tried to move, struggling furiously, all that it did was make me sink faster. Oh gods.

I was halfway submerged when Diana snapped her fingers, the ground turned into solid ground rock. I tried to shift but was met with the pain of hitting a few sharp rocks.

"Now, I am the Daughter of Gaia, and she is Earth. I can shift Earth, summon anything from it and others. Clarke, you may stand up now." Diana stared at him coldly.

I stood up, or at least attempted to. I was suddenly thrusted out of the Earth, stumbling into Luke, who pushed me back into line.

"You all have half an hour to settle down, and then we train your powers."

I walked towards a random barrack, realizing no one was coming with me, I signed and followed the others into another barrack, before realizing it was full, so was all the other barracks that had people. I walked into another barrack, all by myself.

Wasn't I supposed to be the leader of these damn folks? My father is the King of Gods! He is Zeus, Lord of the Sky, Lightning and... oh. Lightning and Weather. These are probably my powers. I would show them, I was born to rule.

The demigods filed out of their cabin, gathering around Diana.

"Hello," Diana was now in a training suit, with the words, M.G. of it, "I would be your instructor and teach you to master your powers. Where is Clarke?" Diana directed the last sentence to Luke.

"I don't know, Lady." Luke hurried to a barrack and gasped.

There, in the middle of the room, a bed was hastily made and Clarke was gone.

"Well, well, an escapee. We have no concerns, a son of the Big Three would attract quite a lot of attention, I believe. Anyways, you guys should think of what domains your parents govern, like Phoenix, your mother is the Roman Goddess of Dawn, I imagine you should be able to manipulate light."

Diana stared at Phoenix hard and closed her eyes, her hands summoning a silver light that wrapped around her.

"You have control over light, as I have suspected, but you also have a more startling power." Diana stared into her eyes, "You have the power over time."