"I couldn't talk. That's why I wasn't picking up. I think you'd be more worried" I pout, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You calling me is enough cause I didn't know you were going through something over here. I was on the couch bored as fuck trying to find something to watch thinking you went back to cleaning up with Alyssa" he says and he throws his head back looking up at the sky.

"Babe" I call him and he looks at me, "do you know that we're sitting on the side of the street?" I giggle, "people are looking at us weird."

"What. They ain't see two gay niggas sitting on the side of the street before?" he goes and that gets a laugh out of me.

"I guess they haven't" I giggle taking a much-needed breath and we look each other in the eyes. I instantly blush and cover my face feeling so shy that he suddenly looked at me like that.

"Baby, I've seen you naked" he takes a hold of my chin and I bite my lip looking away.

"Still" I pout feeling butterflies in my stomach.

"You're cute" he teases me, "on some serious note though, we really gotta get up from here."

"We definitely should" I agree.

"Get up and pull me" he says and I get up slowly. When I'm up, I wipe the back of my pants before pulling Art up.

"The gym fucked me up. I'm still tired" he groans holding his back.

"Me too. I feel so sleepy" I sigh walking to the car and he pulls back.

"Wait up" he makes me stop, "come here. Come stand here. I got something for you."

"The surprise?" I ask and he nods.

"Wait here. It's in the car" he tells me before hurrying to the car.

Patiently, I swing back and forth waiting for the surprise. Not as excited as I was before everything happened, but still excited nonetheless.

Curious I try to see what's behind him when he makes his way back to me.

"I actually planned on taking you out on a date before showing you this to make it a little more romantic so you could say yes" he laughs showing me the envelope, "but fuck it, I don't like seeing you like this. Open it up."

"What is it" I ask struggling to open the envelope and look inside it when I finally get the top part open. "It's paper?"

"Take it out and see, baby" he says rubbing my sides and I take it out.

Curiously, I take the papers out and gasp when I see what it actually is. These look like tickets. At least that's what it looks like on television.

"Tickets" I murmur looking up at him, "Plane tickets?" I ask to be sure and he nods.

"Yeah" he says scratching the back of his head, "I gotta go back one of these days...so....Aight look..I....uhh...." he starts again when I don't say anything and this might be the first time I've seen him genuinely struggling with what to say.

"So I uhh...fuck...."he mumbles turning around for a second as I stand there dumbfoundedly not really sure what to do until he takes a deep breath and turns back around, "aight, I got this" he assures himself before making eye contact again. I don't know why my heart suddenly starts to beat a little faster making me extremely nervous.

"B-babe..."

"I want you to come with me" he cuts me off causing my jaw to drop, "I got a call from pops and he needs me so I gotta go back.....and I want you to come with me this time cause I don't wanna leave you here again. I don't like what happened the last time I did and I didn't properly apologize for that. I shouldn't have left out of the blue cause we were both in it but I didn't have a choice and I wanna say I'm sorry. I should've been here for you. I'm sorry I wasn't here to take care of you when they.....fuck....." he says closing his eyes and I immediately pull him down to hug him.