Chapter 15

Comment, vote and love yourself first

Arthur's p.o.v

I walk around the room, pretty bored since I don't have my phone and uncle James is preventing me from going back home, trying to get rid of the limping on my left leg. It's been a whole week since I haven't gone to school and it's all because of this and my dad being shot. I went to school and left on the second period because I couldn't ball and I was furious.

The pain in my ankle reminds me of the scene everytime. What irks me the most is the fact that I can't do anything about it. I won't be able to beat ass with a limp in my leg and I can't wait to get my hands on Andre. I know I am to blame because I brought him there but he really did start some shit on his own. He started something he couldn't finish and left me there without any protection. If my dad didn't come back for me, I would've been killed. Although I appreciate my dad saving me, I can't help but wish that it was me instead of him that got shot.

I walk out of the room with frustration written all over my face, in a million languages if possible. I look around the empty house with pictures of uncle James and his family hanging on the wall. I speculate all the pictures carefully until my eyes fall on a particular one.

It's a picture of uncle James and dad when they were younger, when pops lived here and didn't just visit occasionally.

"That's your dad and I back in high school" I hear uncle James say behind me.

"Back then was our time, you know. We had all of them girls, the weed, shit everything" uncle James says with a slight chuckle and I follow after him.

Pops introduced me to my uncle when I was nine years old and I idolized him back then. He always thought me how to hold a pistol and pops never liked that. He's a very humble person but doesn't take crap from nobody, the thing I like about him the most.

"I thought y'all were the good ole church niggas.....since pops don't want me in those streets" I sarcastically mutter the last part and I feel his hand go on my shoulder.

"No, we were them freak niggas, always in a fight, always in detention and always on the streets grinding.....You know, Demarcus ain't want you on those streets for a reason, boy" he says referring to my father making me scoff.

"And why's that. I'll make more money than him?"

"He's not worried about that shit and you know it. He got plans for you, he just hasn't told you yet"

"And that's why I ain't gonna stop. If you got plans for somebody, you gotta make it known so they can behave accordingly but if he doesn't want that then I'mma do me" I tell him with a shrug.

"Damn, you're head is hard as hell. When Demarcus told me that you were stubborn, I didn't think it would be this bad. Your ass need a whooping" he says and I laugh at that.

"Don't do shit to get your ass beat uncle James. I don't know why pops doesn't trust me and he doesn't want to tell me either. Everytime we talk it's I want you to stay in school and choose your friends right" I say in a redicilous deep voice and we both laugh.

"Aight let me tell you one of the things you gotta know, just because I think you deserve to know. It ain't no surprise that your father and I be doing some illegal shit, that's why y'all came here and we got a job to finish. One that will end all of this and get us rich"

"That's why y'all were in the same damn building as my ex-mom?"

"I didn't even see her there if I'm being honest, but no. We were there to make allies but it backfired and now they're on to us. If we're not careful, this all might blow up on our faces. If we accomplish this mission and come out alive, we gonna get rich"