Chapter 3

Jacob's p.o.v

I'm sitting in this car with my head leaned on the window looking outside after giving him my address. I still have the pack of donuts in my hand and I can't wait for Deshaun to arrive at the front of my house so I can get out.

The number

I turn my gaze to him and squint my eyes thinking about a way to ask him to not come off anything that would trigger him into beating me up in this car. How am I going to get this. 'Most importantly, how will I be able to get out of this car in pieces after asking him' I wonder as I stare at the side of his face in thoughts. He surprises me when he speaks.

"You checking me out?" He asks and I feel his gaze burning the side of my face when I quickly turn away.

"N-no, no, not a all" I deny and shake my head too, all while being a stuttering and nervous mess.

"What you also shaking your head for. What, am I ugly or something" he says turning down the music and I shake my head again. This time a bit quicker. If I say he's unattractive, I'm dead.

"Why don't you tell me how I look then, Park" he says driving slower and I panic. "Why're you always so shy around me" he says in a teasing voice this time.

"Uhm... you're not ugly at all but I do-" I was cut off by his phone and he smirks at me before picking it up.

"Wassup.......a drop?........that far from the city?.......he back?........aight cool I'll meet ya'll there later" is all he says and hangs up as whe get closer to the street I live in.

He gives me a look which makes me gulp in nervousness and says, "aight then" and passes by my street in full speed causing me to panic even more when I see my house drift away into the distance.

"M-my house" I say pointing to the street we just passed.

"Nope I'm taking you for a ride, relax" he says hitting my shoulder lightly and I flinch. With that he speeds up more making me even more nervous.

He keeps driving and driving until he stops at the drive-through of McDonalds and orders for the both of us and I have to pay for mine even though I didn't get to decide what I want to eat. That leaves me with no money in my pocket because he ordered a lot. Too much if you ask me and right after that we hit the road again.

After maybe an hour driving on a long road, he stops at a random parking lot in an abandoned neighborhood. He takes of his seatbelt and pulls the small handle for his seat to go lower. When he's done, he hands me a burger and I take it.

"Get comfortable" he says gesturing to my seatbelt and I pull it off.

"Comfortable as in facing me" he says again and I turn around a little to be face to face with him. I don't know what's going on, but I'll obey every single one of his words. As long it keeps me out of trouble.

He moves up a little and moves my seat into a position like his making me fall back.

"There" he says laying on his side.

I can't lay on my side so I lean with my elbow on the seat looking at him. We stare at each other for a while which is not too awkward thanks to the music playing lowly in the background.

"You with someone?" He asks suddenly making me frown. How do I respond to that because I'm obviously with him at the moment so I don't understand what he's implying.

"You got a girl?" He asks when he sees the look on my face so I just shake my head and look at the burger.

"I do tho" he says nodding making me nod too.