"I think that was the first time I heard you laugh and this is the most talkative you've ever been," He states.

"Well yeah. I guess."

"Well I guess I like it." Eren says turning back to his food. I start to blush and feel something like butterfly's in my stomach that's the best way to describe it. So maybe I'm sick.

I turn to Connie.

"Connie,"

"mmm," He says with his mouth full.

"I think I'm sick," I feel the butterflies settle down but they're still there. "I feel like there's butterflies in my stomach. Do you think I'm sick?"

At this Connie snorts and starts coughing out his food. After a minute of drinking water and breathing he looks at me and starts laughing.

"What it's an honest and serious question,"

Connie starts laughing harder.

"It means you're either nervous or excited." Eren answers. "Like if you were scared to present something or if someone gives them to you so no you're not sick."

I look at Eren and it clicks. I'm getting these butterflies from him. Is it because I like him?

"Thanks. Good to know I'm not sick." I respond to Eren. I continue to eat my food until I can feel someone staring at me.

I look up and see Mikasa staring daggers at me. I quickly look away and finished my food. I know Mikasa likes Eren everyone knows that so I would like to stay way from that. But I like Eren too or do I? It's too confusing at this point but I know I need to stand some ground and not be pushed away from some stupid glare.

After breakfast we start practicing more with our 3ODM gear. We're split into groups to cut up the cardboard titans. In my group there was Connie, Sasha, Eren, and Mikasa.

I was mediocre with the 3ODM gear. Not completely good but not completely bad but today that was going to change I was going to put effort and do well.

After about what seemed that was 10 minutes was actually two hours. I cut up 20 cardboard titans, Mikasa with 17, Sasha and Eren at 13, and Connie with 12.

For the many weeks to come I gave it my all I grew closer with Eren, Armin, and surprisingly Mikasa after a while she did warm up to me. She saw that I made Eren a bit more happier. Eren and I spent a lot of time together and I realized I really did like him. At times he was embarrassing but I find it refreshing.

Today was the day we graduated. I just hope I got higher than Connie so I can brag to him about being smarter and more athletic than him.

"For you trainees graduating today, three paths now open before you. You can be stationed at the walls and defend the cities as members of the Garrison!", A Commander announced to us cadets. "You can put your lives on the line to fight the Titans in their own territory as members of the Recon Corps! And you can serve the King by controlling the crowds and protecting order as members of the Military Police Brigade!"

"Of course, only the ten people with top scores we will announce are allowed in the Military Police!"

"Tenth Sasha Braus! Ninth Connie Springer!", 'Hopefully I got ranked higher than ninth' I think. "Eighth Marco Bodt! Seventh Jean Kirschtein!" That's it I won't be apart of the top ten, I won't be able to accomplish the other half of Connie and I's dream. "Sixth F/N L/N!" I hear my name. How's that possible at the beginning I barley tried my hardest and these past months I've been trying to make it up. I never thought that actually trying your hardest would get you where you want. I guess I'll have to keep trying harder.