Chapter 11: she is more

3rd person POV

"She is more than your average witch McGonagall, you know that," Dumbledore said
"Yes, I know, I have seen it in her clasess, actions...who is her father?" McGonagall asked
"That, I shall never say, it is not my secret to tell."
He simply responded, leaning back into his chair.

"Then who's?" She shot back
"I cant just sit back and watch her fall into trouble. We both know he's after her." She said
"Yes...but it's not time. Not now, not for a long time." He said looking off into the distance

"Is she....his?" She asked
"Maybe, maybe not." He said
"I need to know to be able to protect her. I cant do it blindly. You need to tell me, now or never." She said

"...yes. She's his."

She let out a soft gasp

"Of course. We will need to...bring him in. As a protector, as much as I hate to admit it, I cant do it." McGonagall said.
"Go, bring him up. This is over our heads anyways." He said

Harry's POV

I was sitting in the common room studying for our Transfigurations test in 2 days when McGonagall came in and told me to go to Dumbledores office.

Did I do something? No, not that I know of...

I made my way over to his office, thoughts filling my head up.

As I walked in Dumbledore seemed to be studying something very closely.

"Professor... You wanted to see me?" I asked
"Ahh...Harry, come sit." He said ripping his face away from whatever he was looking at.

I sat down. Obviously

"Harry, your not in trouble or anything," he started

I also let out a sigh of relief, but what did he need from me?

"It's...Hazel." He said
"What about her?!" I asked quickly. For some reason, I was always very protective over her. We were very good friends anyway...

"I need you to, How do I put this? Protect her. She is more than you think. More than an average witch, more than you, more than me. She may not realize it. But she is very powerful and strong. And, I need you to keep an eye over her. You see- she plays a very important role in this world. I need you to make sure she is safe at all times. I thought it would be appropriate because you two are very good friends. And you Harry," he chuckled "Are after all, the chosen one. I believe you can do this. Take care of her. Can you do this."

My mouth went dry. Whatdidhesayyyyyy?!?!

"Umm..yeah?" I said. It came out more like a question rather than an answer
"Harry, I need you to be 100% sure you can do this." He said staring into the depths of my soul
"Yes. I can." I seemed to say. I didn't mean to say it. It just slipped out of my mouth.

He smiled, "Good, now, go to bed Harry."
"Okay" I said in a very high pitched voice
He smiled warmly at me "I know this is a lot Harry, but I'm sure you can do this. Look after her Harry, it's important that you do this. For her own safety, yours, ours, Hogwarts, the entire wizarding world."

Not like that put pressure on me. Totally not.

I walked out and into the empty corridors.
What did that mean?

She's more than you think

It's important that you do this

For her own safety

Protect her

Take care of her

She plays a very important role in this world

What the bloody hell does that mean? Whatever it did, it was important enough for me. It was Hazel. My best friend. Maybe more....

But we don't talk about that. I refuse to believe it.

I don't like her. She's your best friend! There's no way I can feel this way. It would totally ruin our friendship if I told her. And, not to mention, I wouldn't have the guts to do it anyway.

I came back into the common room to find Hazel sitting near the spot I was sitting at before.

Her head shot up as soon as she saw me.

"Harry! Where did you go? We were supposed to study together." She said
"Oh...Sorry Hazel. I had to go somewhere important." I answered
"That's okay! And I found the perfect book for us!" She said

She looked so innocent and cute. How could she be so important to this world. I mean- I bet she is, everyone is. But so much where she had to have a 'protector'? Wow. Okay then.

We studied for a while after that. She was so.... Amazing. I cant explain it. She was the most amazing person I have ever met. I could stay with her forever- and I wouldn't be mad about it either.

She soon fell asleep on my shoulder.

"Hey Hazel can you- oh. Your sleeping"

She had the cutest sleeping face ever.

Her mouth slightly open. Her eyes moving just a bit in her sleep. Her beautiful smiling face at rest. She was so peaceful. How could I just wake her up? That would be cruel. She was adorable. Guess we are sleeping here tonight.

I grabbed a blanket and wrapped us in it. I layed my head over hers and drifted to sleep with her. Goodnight Hazel.

Little wholesome one 😊