Chapter 33: New Experiences

Evangeline's POV

Everyone stayed in silence for some time. Finally out of sheer awkwardness, I changed back and left the room. My parting words were, "Alright- I'll give you all some time. It's late anyways. Feel free to ask me any questions you have tomorrow. Goodnight." 

I waited outside for a moment, hoping to see Remus or Snape come out and talk to me, but they too stayed behind. 

Surprisingly, Shacklebolt never came to talk to me again. He left two days after, and from what I could tell, spent much of his time with Dumbledore. The following days were just odd. It was like nothing happened even though something did? My conversations with Snape and Remus were typical, no one ever addressed it. I tried talking to some of the other professors, but they appeared to keep conversations brief. 

Sure first I felt that I had scared off people, but I decided they probably just need time to wrap their head around who I am. What I am. When it came to the students, I was luckily let off of their continuous pestering for about a week.

Before I knew it, it was a Saturday and I needed to deliver a shipment to Madam Rosmerta. She owled me requesting for an increase on her shipment, since she decided she'd be unveiling the potions in Butterbeer now. Today was also a day where students from Hogwarts could go to Hogsmeade. Putting on grey sweater dress and some lace-up boots, I straightened my hair and put some mascara on. I put on my sunglasses, since I felt they'd go nicely with the outfit. Throwing a cloak on for its pockets, I brought up all the potions from my potions room to the top floor. Once I did a final inventory, it was time to go.

Walking out of my bag, I tucked it into the folds of the cloak and teleported into Hogsmeade. As I strolled up to the Three Broomsticks, I was met with another long long line. At least this time, I could pick out the familiar faces of Hogwarts students way in the back. Not wishing to talk to anyone, I popped into an alley and teleported inside of the pub. 

"Madam Rosmerta! It's Evangeline, I'm here with your shipment." 

She came bellowing out from her office in a flurry, "Oh thank goodness! I've noticed the children from the Hogsmeade trip are starting to arrive, so I should open soon. Did you bring everything?"

I smiled, "Of course. 60 potions total, 20 of each. Should be plenty to last for the coming weeks. Your total is 240 galleons." 

She grinned, "Fantastic. I'll get that for you right now, do you mind starting?" I shook my head and went to the back. She had full barrels of ale and butterbeer and all sorts of things. As Madam Rosmerta walked in with a rather heavy bag full of galleons, she said, "Yes we'll do 8 of each in Butterbeer. 8 of each in ale. And 4 of each in Honeybrew." 

"Ah you're doing Honeybrew as well for adults. That should bring in a lot more customers. Alright I'll get to work right away, you might as well start opening." 

Rosmerta nodded and walked away, leaving me to my work. Dividing the potions, I put the correct amounts in the barrels and labeled each so she wouldn't get confused. I focused on the likely popular brews first before moving to the ones that people would likely leave with, so Madam Rosmerta can fulfill orders quickly. The once quiet area was quickly soaring with the loud chatter of kids and adults, all requesting the new drinks. 

I walked out of the back to observe the pub. It was satisfying to see the happy faces of people after they'd drink, knowing I was doing some good. Stuffing the bag of galleons into my own bag, I straightened my clothes and got ready to go explore. Madam Rosmerta was smart to hire extra help, there was no way she'd be able to do this all on her own. 

With a yell towards her direction I said, "I'll be off now. Everything's ready to go! Owl me with your next shipment and good luck!" She turned around and waved, quickly becoming distracted from the mass of patrons. As I walked out, I turned to my right to see Emerus walking up to me with what looked like his friends.