twelve

Before Chaeyoung could respond, the bedroom door burst open, causing the older girl to immediately scramble away from Lisa. Unfortunately, this caused her to fall backwards onto the floor, groaning in annoyance.

"Dinner's ready," Jisoo smirked from the door. Chaeyoung glared at her, only to earn a wink from the Korean girl. At the mention of dinner, Lisa clapped her hands excitedly. Without another word, the Thai girl hopped out of bed and shuffled down the hallway.

Jisoo walked over, extending a hand to Chaeyoung to help the younger girl off the floor. Shooting her roommate an annoyed glare, Chaeyoung accepted the help and brushed off her pants once she got to her feet. Lisa was already long gone. Jisoo held out her hand for Chaeyoung to wait before they went downstairs.

"What did I interrupt?" Jisoo raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing," Chaeyoung snapped, shaking her head. "What are you even talking about?"

Jisoo sighed, crossing her arms and giving Chaeyoung a knowing look.

"What?" Chaeyoung huffed.

"Obviously something's going on between you two," Jisoo nodded in the direction Lisa had gone. "It's pretty obvious."

Chaeyoung's face faltered for a moment but she quickly composed herself. "There's nothing going on," she said firmly, nodding once before walking past Jisoo and out of the room.

"If you say so," Jisoo sighed. She followed Chaeyoung down the stairs, but grabbed her hand before they reached a kitchen. "But if there was something going on, I'd make sure to tell you to be careful," she whispered.

Chaeyoung's stomach dropped, and she turned to face Jisoo. "Well good thing there isn't anything going on, then," she said simply before disappearing in the direction of the kitchen. Jisoo sighed at her friend's stubbornness.

"Rosie, look!" Lisa hopped in front of Chaeyoung and held up a yellow bowl of mac and cheese. Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow at Jisoo, who only shrugged.

"It was all we had," Jennie passed Chaeyoung her own bowl over the counter. The blonde girl sighed, grabbing a fork and following her roommates into the living room. Before Lisa had shown up, the four roommates usually ate dinner at separate times in separate places. Now, they all ate together. Chaeyoung hadn't realized how much she'd missed spending time with them.

As usual, Jisoo, Jennie, and Somi all took up the couches, purposely leaving no room for Chaeyoung. Not that she minded, though. The blonde girl sat down on the floor a few feet away from Lisa, who smiled widely at her with a mouthful of food.

"Someone's in a better mood," Jennie commented, nodding towards Lisa. Jisoo and Somi both nodded in agreement.

"It's cause Chaeyoung's home," Jisoo smirked. Chaeyoung glared at her, but it obviously didn't affect the older girl. "It's pretty obvious how much Lisa loves Chaeyoung."

"Yes," Lisa nodded once, as if she were confirming what Jisoo had said. "I love Rosie. I want to kiss Rosie," she said casually, taking another bite of her food. Chaeyoung, however, nearly choked on her own food. She looked to her roommates, who looked just as shocked.

"What did you say, Lisa?" Jisoo glanced at the other girl. Lisa looked up and tilted her head to the side.

"What?"

Sighing, Jisoo send Chaeyoung a look of confusion, which the younger girl quickly returned. Chaeyoung's heart was pounding against her chest, and she swore everyone in the room was able to hear it. Had Lisa really just said that? She couldn't have. Chaeyoung looked over at the younger girl, who was happily eating her dinner.